A Shift Leader has the overall responsibility of supporting the General Manager in day-to-day operations of the store, and for directing the daily operations of a store in the General Manager’s absence. The Shift Leader must convey the Pop’s culture to his/her fellow team members and be a creative team player who is passionate about hard work, about having fun, and demonstrating sincere dedication to the success of the brand.
- 1-2 years of previous food service, retail, or restaurant supervisory experience preferred.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- 6 months’ experience using a computer and register (POS) system.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality food products, cash handling and store safety and security.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, weekends, and/or holidays.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Pop’s.
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the General Manager in meeting store goals.
- Assists in driving operational excellence by driving sales and controlling labor and food costs during shifts.
- Ensure the store environment is always safe for both team members and customers; create the culture in the store through respect, recognition, and reward.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Must be willing to assist in all other positions when necessary.
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers by acting with a customer first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Resolve low level customer issues with efficiency and a positive attitude.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service mentality - has a genuine desire to serve the customer.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage, train, develop and motivate a diverse team that is highly engaged.
- Ability to problem solve and learn quickly.
- Ability to drive team cohesiveness and represent the culture and views of the brand.