Bakery General Manager
We are looking for excellent General Manager candidates to join our management team. The primary role of the Pop’s Bagels Bakery General Manager is to work in tandem with our Store Leads to provide the stores with necessary product, proactively manage the kitchen team, delegate responsibilities properly, and oversee recipe execution. The ideal candidate is focused on excellent customer service and excellent operational results. S/he has demonstrated restaurant leadership experience and has a passion for growing the business and developing their team.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous food service, retail, or restaurant supervisory experience.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- 6 months experience using a computer and register (POS) system.
- Available to work flexible hours that may include mornings, weekends, and/or holidays.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture and values of Pop’s
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning and scheduling employees
- Works with ASL (above store leadership) to manage performance, including coaching, counseling, and disciplining team members with professional maturity. Communicates job expectations to the staff; plans, monitors, and reviews performance of employees; plans and reviews compensation actions; enforces policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner with ASL (above store leadership) operational and human resources issues.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the team.
- Tracks inventory and ensures accurate record keeping.
- Identifies and resolves issues with food preparation. Helps team handle customer service issues with grace, courtesy and with the goal of cultivating happy, returning customers.
- Maintains safe, secure, and a healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; proper safety procedures, to include, but not limited to injury reporting, conducting meetings, equipment maintenance, etc., complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different job responsibilities; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Meets store operating policies and standards, including providing quality food products, cash handling and store safety and security.
- Maintain operational standards and requirements in the store; identify and communicate maintenance problems to ASL (above store leadership); maintain all facilities to Pop’s company standards; ensure communication is passed across organization from the General Manager to ASL (above store leadership)
- Use Company provided tools to coach, mentor and develop team members to ensure a high performing store team; leverage the support of ASL (above store leadership); ensure all risk management issues are following company standards.
- Strong business acumen and ability to drive results through team collaboration to achieve store metrics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Guest service mentality-has a genuine desire to serve the guests.
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self-improvement.
- Ability to measure performance, subjectively and objectively.
- Cultivates attractive culture within the store.
- Ability to handle numerous job duties essential to running a store.
- Competent in the key areas of responsibility which includes labor management, store operations, and guest relations.
- Superior leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Possesses a confident and professional demeanor. Inspires trust, models best practices, and cultivates morale and teamwork amongst team members.
- Proactive problem-solver and decision-maker.
- Must thoroughly understand the importance of good hygiene and food handling practices.