As MEMs are the first line of contact for our existing and potential clients, they are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty rates are maintained at a high level, ensuring Pilina Vet’s reputation is stellar. Greeting and welcoming patients with sincerity, answering telephone calls, returning emails, and scheduling appointments using the latest technology and software are central to the position.
MEMs must possess good critical thinking and problem-solving skills, a joyful disposition, attention to detail, good follow-through, excellent communication and teamwork skills, and conduct themselves professionally overall. MEMs personal ethics must align with the mission of the clinic .
KEY BUSINESS DIFFERENTIATORS
- Preventative medicine is key – wellness center – education and client understanding for practice success
- Foster a sense of community with the staff and the community at large
- Use of technology for clarity and to foster the best client experience possible
- Greets clients and patients by name.
- Interacts with the public via phone, email, and in person.
- Performs monetary transactions of medications and retail items using veterinary accounting programs. Accurately handles monetary transactions.
- Enters client and patient related data promptly and accurately via veterinary software.
- Interacts with clients via phone call, email, and in person in a cheerful and professional manner. Listens carefully to ensure accurate understanding of client needs. Accurately answers client inquiries in detail and promptly.
- Effectively communicates and educates clients regarding basic services and policies (vaccination schedules, parasite prevention, etc.).
- Handles multiple phone calls and clients gracefully and efficiently.
- Skilled at client conflict resolution; stays calm and cordial in crisis situations. Can diffuse heated situations with ease while maintaining poise and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma (preferred)
- Experience in the Hospitality or Service sector is welcome, but not required.
- Has a genuine liking for people and animals.
- Has background knowledge of how to properly greet an animal, and is respectful of animal disposition.
- Is flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to 25 lbs; requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Working conditions: Exposure to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Please include your favorite color in the "Application Details" when applying.