- Support all assigned cases from inception through settlement or trial.
- Create and setup new case files and maintain electronic documents.
- Regular client communication to identify updates, client questions or concerns, and any other issues related that need to be addressed.
- Coordinating requests between multiple parties involved in cases.
- Perform as contact and establish rapport with clients, visitors and people going in and out of the office.
- Entertain and answer inquiries made by clients pertaining to services provided by the firm, its missions, vision, policies and procedures.
- Assist in screening mail as necessary, incoming telephone calls and maintaining office calendar, especially discovery and response deadlines
- Draft documents, pleadings, and correspondence
- AlaFile, PACER, and ACIS E-filing
- 1+ years prior experience in the relevant field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively organize work, manage time, and execute multiple projects concurrently while working under strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to maintain patience and empathy while working with clients under difficult circumstances.
- Strong professional ethics, reliability and accountability required.
- Understanding of AL state legal rules and case law preferred.
- Understanding of technology and legal software such as Clio and CaseStatus.
Our firm is team oriented and close-knit. If you are not self-motivated, cannot manage more than one project at a time, and do not thrive in a fast-paced environment, this is not the position for you. Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.