As Loan Officer, you’ll be responsible for originating new financing transactions and client relationship management.
Title: Loan Officer – Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: CEO
Who We Are: PetroCal Associates is a boutique real estate financing and brokerage firm serving entrepreneurs seeking to launch, grow, and sell carwash, gas station, and c-store businesses. As commercial mortgage brokers, we arrange loans exceeding $1 million through our trusted national network of lenders to help you through the process of funding, acquiring, building, renovating, or refinancing. As real estate brokers and M&A advisors, we help you acquire, secure, lease, or sell the perfect site or portfolio. We are the trusted partner every operator needs by their side.
PetroCal Associates is based in Los Angeles, California. Every day we come to work excited! We help small business owners accomplish their dreams and goals and there’s nothing more satisfying than that. 60% of our customers are repeat business because we take great care of our clients. We’re a small team looking for resourceful doers with a ‘find a way or make a way’ attitude.
Culture: Our culture is laid-back serious. What does that mean? Unless we’re meeting a client we’re in flip flops and shorts, but every day is spent working on multi-million-dollar transactions. Our clients depend on our ability to execute for them and we do not let them down. We believe family is everything and no one misses a soccer game around here.
To achieve our mission, we look for high caliber people who share and embrace the following core characteristics:
Grit: Passionate marathoners who finish what they start and love tackling problems of all sizes. No job is too small or not in our job descriptions. We take critical constructive feedback with a smile on our face and push through to get the job done.
Rigor: Analytical, multi-tasking and exhaustively detail-oriented. We comb through data, integrate information from multiple (and often unorganized) sources quickly, and figure out what questions to ask to complete the missing pieces so we can tell our clients’ complete story thoroughly and quickly.
Collaboration: We are non-ego doers, we challenge each other and work together to find the best solutions, every day, day in and day out.
Accountability: We trust each other to get the job done. We don’t let attitude get in the way and we take extreme ownership to see it through.
Resourceful: We’re quick and clever as we find and implement new and innovative approaches to the traditional way of handling or thinking about a problem. We create processes and come up with ideas and solutions to better reach our goals.
Honesty: We’re transparent and honest because that’s the right way to treat other people. We handle confidential information and are discrete. Integrity is the basis of trust, and trust is everything when you’ve got people’s future in your hands.
As Loan Officer, you’ll be responsible for originating new financing transactions and client relationship management. This is a sales-oriented position. Loan sizes will typically range from $1MM to $30MM and be secured by various property types including retail. You’ll support the loan volume through customer service-oriented communication with clients, lenders, and other transaction parties to ensure timely processing of the loan application with all interested parties including our lending team, clients, and our network of lenders and vendors. You’ll support loan and revenue growth by soliciting, growing, managing, and increasing commercial relationships in the carwash and gas station industries. The Loan Officer will work closely with the CEO, Senior Underwriter, & Senior Commercial Real Estate Transaction Closing Specialist to ensure loan is moving through its various phases from initial prospect communication through closing.
This is a W2 full-time position with standard hours of 8:30 am – 5:30 pm at the Los Angeles office that includes health insurance, PTO, holidays, sick days, 401k, and 401k employer matching. Position may require travel. Mileage will be reimbursed. Reliable transportation is required.
● Solicit and engage borrowers utilizing company provided leads needing loans that the company arranges.
● Cultivate new lending opportunities that can be developed into strategic relationships.
● Develops an external network of clients and vendors to facilitate growth and loan origination.
● Attend tradeshows to cultivate relationships and identify potential borrowers.
● Monitor internal deal pipeline and work with third party vendors including lenders, escrow officers, SBA, and CDC to ensure timely processing of loan applications from prospecting stage to closing.
● Actively communicate upcoming completion dates and milestones to ensure deadlines will be met. Identify and communicate any potential delays which could impact deadline completion.
● Provide superior customer service and uphold customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers by answering questions and requests and providing information in a timely, polite, and understanding manner.
● Effectively partner with team members to improve efficiencies of operation, minimize risk, improve processes, and expand sales opportunities.
● Maintain existing and establish new processes and platforms that allow the company to improve operations.
● Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
● Track and input deal activity hours in company CRM.
● Participate in company meetings as required.
● Comply with all company training.
● May perform any and all other duties as requested by management.
● 2+ years of Commercial, Corporate or Business Banking experience including CRE.
● 1+ years of SBA lending experience required. Knowledge and understanding of Small Business Administration (SBA) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Policies a must.
● CA Real Estate Salesperson’s License
● Experienced across multiple lines of business, including but not limited to, service, retail, auto-related, and commercial real estate.
● Deep understanding of commercial credit and lending concepts, practices and regulations.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
● Bachelor's degree or corresponding education and related training.
● Skilled at effectively interacting, building rapport and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients and colleagues in a professional, service-oriented manner.
● Outstandingly organized individual who is a self-starter, positive, outgoing, proactive, flexible, extremely detail-oriented and driven to succeed.
● Strong project and time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time and prioritize tasks accordingly while being resourceful in finding the answers needed to get the job done and maintaining commitment to deadlines; self-motivation and self-management are key.
● Proficient/advanced knowledge of Office Suite especially Word and Excel; intermediate in Adobe Acrobat XI Pro or similar software. Must be able to type an average of 45-50 WPM.
● 2 weeks paid vacation each year
● Sick days
● Paid Holidays (Federal + Extra, In total about 12/year)
● Blue Shield of California Health Care (all plan options + Dental + Vision)
● 401k with employer matching
● Tiered bonus based on sales
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
No Search or relocation fee provided. Strongly prefer candidates in market.
Equal Employment Opportunity: PetroCal Associates strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Hiring Practices: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. PetroCal Associates recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. PetroCal Associates may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants should apply online at the job posting on LinkedIn.
$120,000 - $130,000 per year