Growing property management company seeking an assistant property manager with excellent customer service skills and a strong background in leasing. Job responsibilities as follows:
- Assist with performing general administrative tasks related to property management operations.
- Field inbound phone calls from owners, tenants, vendors, and prospects.
- Schedule maintenance on behalf of owners or tenants.
- Advertise available properties and perform tours for prospects.
- Screen prospective tenants and owners to ensure they meet the necessary eligibility requirements.
- Stay on top of expiring leases and coordinate renewal or turnover process.
- Assist with marketing-related tasks, such as posting/promoting properties for rent, sending marketing materials to prospects, placing signs and lockboxes at vacant properties, working with 3rd parties, supporting marketing campaigns, social media, and event setup (in or outside of the office).
- Provide general support to address any inbound concerns from owners or tenants.
- Assist with rent collection and setting up electronic recurring payments.
- Communicate with delinquent tenants and assist with evictions when necessary.
Our ideal candidate is a team player, solution-oriented, highly organized, and has:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in single-family long-term property management. 3 or more years preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with all standard property management processes, particularly end-to-end leasing and tenant screening.
- Experience using a standard property management software package. AppFolio experience preferred.
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge of landlord-tenant, affordable housing, and fair housing laws and has experience communicating them when needed.
- Has working knowledge of how finances work in property management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Can handle complaints and difficult situations with confidence.
- Confidence with computers and technology and is proficient in MS Office or equivalent.
- History of strong organizational skills, record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to comply with operational SOPs, laws, and industry regulations.
- NC Real Estate License or on track to acquire.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm
Location: Our West Asheville office and off-site visits to various properties
Compensation: $50-54k yearly salary, depending on experience
Benefits: Employer-subsidized health insurance, mileage reimbursement, leasing bonuses, paid Federal holidays, 1 week of PTO.
We value diversity and are committed to building an amazing team also aligned with that value. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.