- Program Development: Lead the development of program strategies and objectives in alignment with the organization's mission and goals. Identify and create new program opportunities to further the impact of PIP.
- Program Implementation: Oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of all program activities. Ensure that programs are delivered effectively, efficiently, and within budget.
- Team Management: Recruit, train, and manage program staff and volunteers. Foster a collaborative and motivated team culture, providing guidance and support to ensure program success.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Develop and implement program monitoring and evaluation processes to assess the impact of programs. Make data-driven decisions to improve program outcomes.
- Budget Management: Work closely with the Executive Director to manage program budgets, ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately and that program goals are met.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Cultivate and maintain relationships with program partners, funders, and other stakeholders to support program sustainability and growth.
- Reporting and Compliance: Prepare regular program reports for funders and the board. Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Community Outreach: Represent PIP in the community and advocate for the organization's programs. Participate in community events and collaborations to expand the organization's reach.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in a related position within the nonprofit sector
Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: A natural people-connector who enjoys meeting new individuals, cultivating relationships, and inspiring them to align with PIP's mission.
- Project Management Skills: Effective at managing multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Highly Organized: Demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines and produce high-quality work with minimal supervision.
- Effective Leadership: A respected manager who fosters an environment where staff can grow, lead, receive support, and excel.
- Relationship Building: Skilled in establishing strong relationships and adapting to the functioning and reactions of individuals, organizations, and cultures. Exhibits empathy and easily forms and deepens connections.
- Values-Driven: Shares the organization's commitment to values, including a passion for social justice and equity.
- Diversity-Focused: Experience in collaborating with diverse groups.
- Proficient Communicator: Capable of delivering clear and effective messaging both internally and externally, in both written and verbal forms. Experienced in creating and delivering presentations.
- Tech-Savvy: Fast learner with expertise in various digital communication tools. Experience with platforms like Mailchimp, Square Space, Neon, and Asana is a plus.
- Highly Organized Self-Starter: Strong attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and produce excellent work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication: Skilled in collaboration and proficient in listening and presenting ideas.
- Customer-Centric: Able to understand customer needs, exercise good judgment, and diplomacy.
- Attention to Detail: Proficient in quickly comprehending and retaining details about alumn, and the groups they are associated with.
- Mentorship and Collaboration: Confident in serving as a mentor and collaborator.
- Knowledge of the Organization: Familiarity with the organization and its operations.
- Proficiency in Basic Document Composition: Ability to compose basic written documents and correspondence.
- Technical Proficiency: Strong typing skills and knowledge of personal computers, hardware, software, and related applications and systems.
- Ability to Maintain Composure: Can stay composed during stressful situations resulting from high workloads and deadlines.
- Prioritization and Multi-Tasking: Skillful in determining work priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This job operates in the individual’s home and at least two days a week at our co-work space at Vuka. The team works from a co-working space. Currently, Vuka North but subject to availability and/or change. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and mobile devices.
- There may be stressful conditions involving workloads and competing deadlines.
- There may be a need for hours beyond the expected 35 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date: Q1 2024
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package:
- Salary is based on a 35-hour employee contract
- Each employee is eligible to receive 16 weeks of paid parental leave* after one year of employment. *This benefit is available to parents adopting or giving birth.
- Salaried employees are eligible for 4 weeks of paid time off - PIP culture advocates for radio silence rest - meaning when you are OOO you are OOO! Employees are also eligible to earn 2.5 days of PTO on the yearly anniversary of employment--up to 30 total days of PTO.
- FSA or DCFSA monthly contribution
PIP observes 11 company-wide federal holidays so you can celebrate with your family.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Indigenous People’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Flexible working environment — if you want to exercise at two PM, schedule couples therapy or take your kiddos to the dentist, go for it. At PIP we don’t have to see a green dot on Slack to trust that you’re doing your job.
Growth at Work
We invest in you. Our organization is growing quickly, and we want you to feel like you can grow with us. As a team member in the organization, you will be given a personal P&D budget so that you can keep evolving along the way, too.