Mid to Senior level maintenance technician
Parkplace Residential is an AMO© looking for a committed maintenance team member for a new property in Saint George, Utah.
You'll get to work with a collaborative team looking to do things a little differently, and we hope a little better. We're striving for a 5-Star resident experience and looking for team members that want to provide a superior resident experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
General apartment maintenance experience, knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical knowledge, knowledge of safety procedures. Individual must be safety conscious, steady and dependable with ability to work with pressure of deadlines. Position is on-call 2 weekends a month for emergency calls.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Perform highly skilled and specialized maintenance skills, organize, coordinate and manage the overall maintenance program of community including exterior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make- ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of the property.
Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Required to be “on call” 24 hours.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1) Diagnose and perform major, minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis.
Accurately document work performed on service request, including parts and return to supervisor by end of day. Complete renewal service requests in the same timely fashion.
Follow-up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
2) Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great “people” attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude.
3) Inspect vacated apartments and complete make-ready checklist. Inform site manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to “makeready”status.
4) Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the On-site manager.
5) Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
6) Assist with the tenant improvements as required.
7) Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
8) Order parts and supplies and maintain inventory, utilizing inventory system.
9) Obtain bids and negotiate prices, as necessary, with vendors and contractors.
Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors and On-site Manager.
10) Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
11) Coordinate maintenance objectives with the On-site Manager daily.
12) Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company,
OSHA and health codes. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
Reports directly to the On-site Manager at their home community, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day-to-day” duties of the technician.
This determination will take into consideration the technician’s skills, experience and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, other maintenance staff, property managers and maintenance staff from other developments.
Hours of Work: 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday. Must be “on call” 24 hours per day, when scheduled.
Amount of Overtime : As needed for emergencies.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Ability to lift 75 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances.
Ability to operate allnecessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Ability to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be necessary.
Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand tools, pertinent to this position (see “Minimum Required Hand Tools” list). Must beknowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
To be on the higher end of the pay scale EPA certifications for freon and skills with HVAC are required.
$18 - $28 per hour