We are looking for a high-energy and technology-oriented individual to join our team.
In this position, the Safety Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a high level of knowledge of safety regulations and industry trends. In this position, you will regularly cover field work such as Inspections, Incident investigations, Safety meetings, and training.
Requirements – Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Well-versed in regulatory safety standards and practices.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in Safety.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Excellent interpersonal, visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform individually and as a member of a project team.
- Ability to plan, lead, organize, and communicate (written and verbal) with team members.
- iPad savvy. (Reports are created via mobile device)
- Comfortable presenting to audiences of various sizes and backgrounds.
- Be a self-starter, flexible, and able to maintain professional patience while growing with our company.
- Bilingual Speaker. (English/Spanish)
- Safety-related degree or Board Recognized certification.
- Certified OSHA 500 outreach trainer.
Since the position works primarily for clients in construction segments across the country, the following will be necessary:
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces
- Ability to work outdoors
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel out of state
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time
- Conduct thorough incident investigations, safety-related assessments, audits, and inspections across all industries.
- Deliver instructor-led safety training, safety meetings, and toolbox talks.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA in the workplace.
- Review and verify that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use.
- Promote safety practices and enforce safety guidelines.
- Perform site walkthroughs.
- Conduct continual safety observations and inspections of the site and confirm corrective action.
- Be open-minded and engaged in performance coaching and uphold professional emotional intelligence.
- Be ready to be part of the solution.