We are looking for a senior transportation planner/project manager with 10 plus years of transportation planning/engineering experience. This is a full-time position based in the Austin, Texas area. The role will be a combination of delivering quality services to clients, mentoring and training junior staff, managing projects, and assisting in business development to identify markets and opportunities.
Novus is a transportation consulting firm headquartered in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to tackle transportation challenges through innovative thinking, adaptable solutions, and sustainable and equitable implementation. We are committed to providing the best services to our clients while also prioritizing the well-being of our team members, partners, and the community.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced transportation planner/project manager to join our team. This full-time position will be based in the Austin, Texas area and will involve a combination of delivering top-quality services to clients, mentoring and training junior staff, managing projects, and assisting in business development efforts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in transportation planning, urban planning, transportation engineering, or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years of transportation planning/engineering experience, specifically in areas such as corridor studies, safety studies, feasibility studies, grant applications, environmental analysis, traffic forecasting, multimodal planning, transit planning, public/stakeholder engagement, and/or funding
- AICP certification and/or PE license required
- Experience working with TxDOT, MPOs, Transit Agencies, and/or municipalities
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent analytical and research abilities in the field of transportation planning and engineering
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to analyze and interpret large data sets and develop informed recommendations
- Ability to collaborate effectively and lead junior team members
- Experience in client relationship management and business development
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in software such as ArcGIS Online, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Coding and programming skills are preferred
- Experience in benefit-cost analysis and economic analysis is preferred
- Collaborate with project team members on various planning tasks
- Conduct research and summarize planning documents
- Perform safety analysis, traffic analysis, demographic assessment/projections, benefit-cost analysis, economic assessment, and public/stakeholder engagement strategies
- Attend client meetings and public meetings as necessary
- Prepare clear and visually appealing data graphics for public and stakeholder meetings
- Develop GIS maps, graphics, and PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare reports and technical memos
- Manage projects and provide leadership to team members
- Perform additional tasks as required
If you are a highly skilled and experienced transportation planner/project manager looking to make a meaningful impact in the field, we would love to hear from you. Join our team at Novus and help us shape the future of transportation.