If you are career-minded, driven and share our passion for the property management industry keep reading! We work hard and have fun as we work to make our communities a better place to live! Our property management team is seeking a team member to assist with all the fun stuff below and collections too at our newest property in Portsmouth, NH! But first, enter our bragging zone!
BEWARE! BRAGGING ZONE!
- The owner is an ambitious and successful real estate investor laser-focused on continued growth and acquisition of multi-family real estate properties in MA and NH. 1,000+ units is in sight!
- Oh, and, he will make you LOL with his great sense of humor!
- Our work is important and impacts the communities where we live. We create clean and safe homes for good people.
- We pay 100% of employee medical coverage!
- Your input, ideas and feedback are always encouraged and appreciated!
- You get to use the latest property management technology and your creativity with social media to drive results.
- You can be a professional but leave the large corporate mindset behind and work with real people who love this business.
- You can work from home and from our newly acquired and renovated Portsmouth, NH property.
THE STUFF YOU LOVE TO DO
- Show, lease and move in prospective residents and answer relevant questions
- Invoke additional marketing efforts to minimize vacancy such as coordinating photography, outreach, open houses, signage, etc.
- Conduct daily follow up to all inquiries from prospective residents – email, calls, and text message in an effort to convert inquiries to tours; Convert tours to leases
- Process applications to include generating credit reports, verification forms and rental references
- Assist in maintaining budgeted occupancy
- Assist in processing renewal offers and leases each month
- Assist in maintaining lease expiration management amongst the organization
Revenue & delinquency
- Assist in overseeing all financial procedures including verifying renter income, processing monthly payments and executing default protocols
- Perform collection duties to capture rent and minimize delinquency – phone calls, emails and text messages. Document status of each account accordingly with status and maintain monthly records
- Charge late fees, NSF fees and any other applicable fees when needed
- Assists and processes legal documents (Notice to Quit) on the 5th of the month
- Forwards any delinquent account to legal team for further processing when needed
- Build positive relationships and maintain an excellent customer service relationship with residents, vendors and prospective residents
- Assist in resolving questions, requests and complaints from residents
- Assist in responding to messages and emails in a timely manner
- Assist the property manager to Inspect properties to assess condition of building and grounds, and to ensure empty units are ready
- Assist in coordinating with vendors, residents to address maintenance needs
- Assist in follow up to residents with pending working order status as well as completion of work orders to ensure thorough customer service and communication
Administrative, audit, lease and compliance
- Manage records and files of current residents – will require audit of all files
- Perform administrative functions such as record keeping, sending notices to residents, scanning, data entry and maintaining account information in AppFolio
- Assist property manager in processing Final Account Statement upon move outs
- Assist in signing leases
- Monitor and ensure residents are adhering to the lease – could require lease violations, renter’s insurance requirement, etc.
- Support the Property Manager on oversight of all properties and any other tasks needed.
YOU’LL NEED THESE
- 3+ years’ experience in residential property management
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Ability to successfully pass a credit, criminal and motor vehicle background screening
- Strong ability and drive to communicate with tenants to collect overdue rent payments
- Strong computer skills and ability to utilize various software programs
- Creativity, marketing and social media skills
- Strive to deliver superior customer service and understands the importance
- Ability to communicate effectively, showcase empathy, patience and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills
WAIT, THERE'S MORE
- Work Schedule (Full-Time): Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Job Location: Hybrid - work from home and at our Portsmouth, NH property and travel to our Windham, NH property to work 5-6 hours per week
- Our Property Locations: Portsmouth, NH, Windham, NH, Haverhill, MA, Peabody, MA and Salem, MA, Concord, NH,
- Websites: www.northfieldproperties.net and www.northfieldhandyman.com
- Pay: $25 per hour plus commission package
- Benefits: Medical (100% company paid for employee coverage), Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- If selected to move to the 2nd interview stage, you will be asked to email a 2-minute video, using your cell phone, describing why you are interested in this position.
NEXT STEP TO GET YOU IN HERE!
There’s no time to waste. Click "Apply Now" to get started.
WorkSmart HR, LLC is a hiring administration service that we have contracted with, and they may contact you as a first step in our process. No phone calls to us please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.