This person will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. Ideal candidates will have the insight to make connections between a customer’s specific business problems and best-case solutions. Customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of the North Labs prescribed data stack: Snowflake, Matillion, fivetran, dbt, etc.
- Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
- Ensure relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and best practices are applied correctly across technology programs/projects and products
- A Principal Architect can work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. He/she sets architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. He/she anticipates needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants: engineering teams, sales team, and delivery teams.
- Has excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions
- Guides others in resolving complex issues in solution architecture and solves complex, escalated aspects of a project.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on deployed technology
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position our prescribed data analytics stack in relation to them
- Providing thought leadership by recommending the right technologies and solutions for a given use case, from the application layer to infrastructure; and have the team leadership and technical skills to get their solutions into production — while helping to ensure performance, security, scalability, and robust data integration
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Support other members of the Professional Services team develop their expertise
Who we are looking for:
- Experience working with customers in a post-sales technical role
- Experience as a technical team lead, and/or mentorship of other engineers
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Proven client-facing written and verbal communication skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Detailed solution documentation (e.g. sequence diagrams, class hierarchies, logical system views, etc.)
- Ability and flexibility to occasionally travel to work with customers on-site.
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data pipeline
- Experience with Python
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Speciality