At North Avenue Education, we’re passionate about learning and sharing the humanizing power of education. When it comes to our team, we set the bar high. Every tutor is an expert in their field. Our tutor training is rigorous and ongoing – we host regular professional development sessions to expand our teaching toolkits and better serve a diverse range of learners.
North Avenue Education is currently hiring for a Test Prep Tutor to empower our students on their academic journey in pursuit of higher education. Are you looking to make an impact in students’ lives and help advance their dreams toward reality?
What You’ll Do
- Manage preparation and follow-through for all individual and small group tutoring sessions to deliver exceptional client experiences on par with the North Avenue standard.
- Conduct 1-on-1 instruction and engage in fruitful relationships with each student in caseload in support of the program plan for achieving their academic goals.
- Design assignments, support accountability of students, and measure progress against both qualitative and quantitative standards.
- Develop rapport and trust with each client in order to proactively identify the greatest opportunity for matching your skills with their needs, ultimately meeting or exceeding expectations and setting students on an accelerated path toward reaching their academic goals.
- Engage colleagues consistently, collaboratively, and proactively to nurture a productive and enjoyable team member experience.
- Participate in regular professional development opportunities, including mentorship of junior Tutors with generous goodwill and guidance.
- Contribute to the growth and long-term success of our team members and clients.
What We’re Looking For
- Career-minded educators
- Motivated and client-focused thinking, professionalism
- Skilled communicators with a bias for action, familiarity with public speaking
- Strong computer skills and comfort with learning new technology
- Confidence and sensitivity in communicating with colleagues, parents, and students alike
- Priority given to holders of advanced degrees with graduate exam prep experience
What We Value
Creative – We advocate for our students by keeping our finger on the pulse of current events in the worlds of testing and pedagogy.
Holistic – Academic success is only one piece of the puzzle. Our global approach equips students of all ages and abilities with life-enhancing skills.
Supportive – As experts in our fields, we help families navigate the complex systems of standardized testing, college admissions, and academic life.