Nodine Legal, LLC is a law firm located in Parsons, KS. We are customer-centric, professional, challenging and our goal is to deliver quality legal services.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Modern technology (more tech, less paper)
Position: Full-Time (40 hours / week) / For Immediate Hire
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Office at 4301 Main St. in Parsons, Kansas with some minor travel required for errands around Parsons.
The Legal Assistant assists the firm's clients and firm's attorney(s) in moving cases forward and satisfying clients. Applicants should be capable of effective communication and be self-motivated. Applicants must be skilled in customer service.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma required
- Work experience in the legal field is not required but is preferred.
- Customer service or customer relations work is preferred, qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate strong customer service skills including communication skills and must be efficient in ensuring the needs of clients are timely met.
- Telephone/Computer proficiency
- Customer service oriented
- Time management
- Organization and attention to detail
- Active listening
- Effective communicator
- Proficient with computers, specifically Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proficient in the English language
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Position is office based, some walking is required, must be a licensed driver able to drive for errands around Parsons, ability to ascend and descend stairs required, ability to lift and carry twenty-five pounds required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer the telephone per instruction.
- Greet office guests
- Triage multiple callers and office walk-ins.
- Always maintains a professional, friendly and calm demeanor.
- Is familiar with and sensitive to the court rules, procedures and filing deadlines where firm practices.
- Assist other staff members on additional projects when asked.
- Order supplies for the office when asked.
- Set appointments on the computer calendar system.
- Call clients for appointment reminders.
- Handle computerized drafting of basic correspondence and legal documents.
- Assist in the preparation of cases and hearings of routine nature.
- Prepare basic documents and letters under attorney supervision.
- Perform basic clerical duties including typing, filing and database entry.
- Filing of documents in client file.
- Directly handle matters of personal nature for attorney.
- Handle specific issues for certain clients as directed by attorney or supervisor.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Interfaces with clients relaying information between client and attorney.
- Monitor deadlines and calendars.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Parsons, KS: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location