About the Firm
NKW formed only in January 2023, and has quickly become the fastest growing firm in our region. We serve clients with a national footprint with a focus on smaller middle-market companies ($1.5m - $60m). The industries we focus on vary, but primarily come from gaming & hospitality, quick service restaurants, cannabis, and service businesses.
You are an energetic people person. You work well independently and are comfortable working most hours from your home office. Collaborating in a virtual environment is second nature, but you enjoy the weekly employee gatherings at coworking spaces or coffee shops. You have tight attention to detail, are able to prioritize, rarely (if ever) miss deadlines, and juggle a lot of moving pieces. You are comfortable using various apps and trying new things!
- Minimum of Associate's Degree in accounting or Bachelor's Degree plus related experience. Top candidates will possess a Bachelor's in business/accounting.
- Minimum of two years experience in payroll and bookkeeping.
- Must have experience in customer service, in any industry.
- Must have an understanding of payroll processes, basic labor laws, and banking.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online payroll, Gusto payroll a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel, Outlook.
Responsibilities of the job
- Transition client payrolls from existing systems into company-supported technology. May include transferring data, formatting imports, configuring tax & benefit settings, and ensuring smooth transition of tax responsibilities.
- Add new hires into payroll system and process terminations.
- Convert time information from various sources and hand key or import into the payroll system.
- Ensure all tax filings and payments are handled by third party systems.
- Make manual tax payments or reports, as needed.
- Fill out workers compensation, unemployment, and other reports based on payroll information.
- Assist in filing amended tax returns, as needed.
- Setup and maintain benefit deductions, time off accruals.
- Respond to inquiries from employees of our clients and owners/managers.
Benefits of the position
- Our firm offers roughly 15 paid holidays per year. This includes all major federal holidays in addition to bonus holidays that are set based on the calendar each year.
- New hourly employees also accrue an additional two weeks of paid time off.
- The firm pays 100% of bronze-level health insurance for both employees and their families, one of the most generous offers of any employer.
- We offer a generous professional development budget to each employee. This allows employees flexibility to pursue relevant designations (i.e. CPA, EA), obtain CPE credits, or keep up to date on relevant topics.
- Since so much of the work is remote, we provide all home office technology.
- Our small firm offers virtually unlimited advancement opportunities. The current team all has "big firm" background. We offer the sophistication of a big firm, with the nimbleness of a small firm.