- You have 3-5 years of executive assistant experience.
- You have an eagerness to learn about an industry or profession.
- You understand membership marketing to some degree and are eager to learn more.
- You value working in a team environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and balance competing projects on tight deadlines.
- You pay meticulous attention to details.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a pro with office productivity tools and an aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- You are a flexible team player, willing to adapt to changes and unafraid of challenges.
- You can maintain confidentiality of information related to the company and its employees.
- You excel at effortlessly organizing, facilitating, and propelling action items.
- You have a strong work ethic and demonstrate initiative.
- You love providing outstanding customer service.
Founded in 2013, Ngage Management is an award-winning full-service association and event management company headquartered in mid-Michigan. We have 30 employees working in 8 states serving 20 local, national, and international clients. Our team strives to develop meaningful relationships, make decisions, and measure each outcome based on how well it serves our clients and its members. Thinking strategically is part of our DNA. We believe everyone is a leader and an innovator.
Top 4 Reasons to join Team Ngage:
- Join a team of diverse and talented professionals who thrive on collaboration, supporting each other to achieve collective success and create a positive working atmosphere.
- Immerse yourself in a workplace that fosters creativity and embraces innovation where your ideas are heard and encouraged!
- Contribute to meaningful projects and initiatives that make a difference, allowing you to see the tangible impact of your efforts and find fulfillment in your work.
- While we dedicate ourselves to hard work, we also believe in the importance of play! We seize every chance to celebrate, whether it's through companywide virtual happy hours or joyous occasions like weddings, new homes, and baby showers.
Position Summary: The Senior Executive Assistant will play a crucial role in providing high-level administrative support to the CEO and the senior leadership team. This position involves a combination of administrative, organizational, and communication responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation of executive offices and the overall success of the senior leadership team.
- Manage complex calendar, schedule appointments, and coordinate meetings.
- Handle travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and transportation.
- Prepare and organize documents, presentations, and reports for various meetings.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders.
- Screen and prioritize incoming calls, emails, and other communications.
- Draft and edit correspondence, ensuring accuracy and professionalism.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information with discretion and integrity.
- Organize and manage executive files, documents, and records.
- Assist in coordinating and managing special projects as they relate to clients.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure timely completion of tasks and projects.
- Oversee and optimize office procedures and workflows to enhance efficiency.
- Manage office supplies, equipment, and other administrative resources.
- Proven experience as an executive or senior administrative assistant.
- Familiarity with executive office operations.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with executives, staff, and external contacts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
- Familiarity with office equipment and communication tools.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility in handling unexpected changes or challenges.
- Strong problem solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.