As an Applications Engineer, Mill-Turn Featurecam Post Developer with NexGenSolutions you will use your skills and expertise as a CNC Programmer, machinist, and Operator to its fullest potential to help our customers advance their business through support, training, and post processor development using one of the industry’s top CAM solutions Autodesk Fusion 360 with Featurecam.
In this position you will expand and advance your career skills while working with our top-level Applications and Technology team. This position is a perfect fit for those within the manufacturing and engineering industry with Mill-Turn experience who thrive on problem solving; high level technical issues surrounding CNC programming, and who are looking for a change of pace from the typical manufacturing environment.
NexGenSolutions is a rapidly growing and highly successful company repeatedly recognized for its achievements within the CNC manufacturing industry. NexGenCAM is Autodesk’s highest awarded reseller specializing in manufacturing, supporting all of Autodesk’s CAD/CAM portfolio including Fusion 360, Powermill, Featurecam, and Partmaker. There are opportunities to cross specialize and collaborate within our teams at NexGenSolutions. Here you will receive career growth opportunities, in a company that values its team members, their career paths, and truly has a culture of balance. We are looking for creative and successful team members that can work well within our team and contribute to its overall expertise.
- Develop your knowledge of CAM software and Post processor creation to become an expert.
- Write, edit, and configure CNC machine post processors for specific customers based on machine, product, software, and user skill levels.
- Scope automation and software development projects with customers, provide estimates
- and drive project completion on budget.
- Provide post-sales implementation and consulting as needed on customer projects. Take a lead role on Post Processor test and tune procedures.
- Deliver the final product to the customer and manage any follow up actions required to
- complete the post processor projects.
- Consult on customer needs in sales discovery calls, or in customer account meetings to assist in any necessary requirements to fulfill post development projects.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in the software and related applications; with continuous expansion of skills by attending classes and taking certifications with Autodesk.
- Be a point of contact for support through emails and calls. Manage your support cases using our support ticketing system.
- Other duties within the scope of the applications engineer job requirements.
- Contribute to achieve key technical department projects, objectives, and goals. Leverage software solutions to increase efficiency of the team.
- Recognize market opportunities and recommend additional products and services to increase customer satisfaction.
- 5 plus years minimum of combined experience programming/operating CNC machine tools including Mill-Turn, Multitasking, and Multi Axis CNC Machine tools.
- The ability and willingness to learn to troubleshoot, edit, and write post processors for machine tools, or an equivalent of computer programming/scripting experience and software coding.
- Knowledge of advanced multi-tasking and multi-channel machine tool programming.
- Experience working in a team environment and with high level engineering professionals.
- Experience with software and computing environments including, but not limited to, operating systems, networks, Code editors, and PC hardware.
- Strong G code analysis and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks.
- Excellent problem detection and resolution skills, with high attention to detail.
- The ability to learn and adapt to evolving technology and manufacturing problems.
- Full understanding of the manufacturing shop floor environment, the systems and processes involved, and how to guide customers to be more successful with the proven solution.
- Tight knit team that enjoys working together and produces great results.
- Full benefits packages available for health and dental.
- Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Personal time.
- 401K with a generous employer match.
- Professional development opportunities to grow your skills.
- Full training to fill this position for the right candidate.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Work from Home