What You Will Do:
- Direct and coordinate cannabis sales activities in the California Market.
- Manage sales team, set sales goals, and conduct quarterly reviews.
- Manage day to day decisions of the sales team.
- Manage sales side of new product launches and provide input into innovation pipeline.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Provide sales training to the team on an individual and group level.
- Facilitate weekly sales team meetings, present sales/revenue reports and realistic forecasts to company leadership.
- Develop the Sales function’s work plan; monitor workflow, review and evaluate methods/procedures, and direct sales activities to serve the Sales Department's goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the cannabis field and manufacturing services, including toll processing and bulk sales.
- Strong understanding of Business-to-Business customer buying cycles and how to penetrate organizations.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of how to optimize a sales pipeline using a CRM platform and have incorporated new tools into your team's sales motion.
- Possess the ability to translate knowledge of our products, categories, and customer data into business opportunities.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills; ability to build strong business partnerships both outside and within the organization.
- A highly professional and polished demeanor. Strong verbal and written communication skills, and effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Experience developing strategy and executing complex sales initiatives.
- Experience developing sales training programs that address common objections, industry trends, and the development needs of the sales team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Business Administration, Marketing, or similar required; Advanced Degree preferred; equivalent experience considered.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Sales-related role with a strong track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- At least 3+ years’ experience in a Sales-related leadership role, managing a team of direct-reports.
- Experience hiring, training, and developing team members.
- Experience with lead generation, territory management, and cold prospecting.
- Prior cannabis account relationships preferred.
You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to apply. This position will require travel to meet with existing/potential clients.
NewTropic provides professional-grade, fully compliant cannabis supply chain solutions to California brands, cultivators, manufacturers, and distributors. Our mission is to ensure our partners can deliver superior products with consistency and scale, and every consumer can enjoy a safe and reliable cannabis experience. NewTropic is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. We offer:
· Competitive Pay
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Unlimited Approved PTO
· Paid Holidays