The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in a premium or luxury retail environment. You’ll bring your highly visual and excellent commercial product management skills along with your confidence working under pressure to thrive in our fast-paced and highly brand-focused environment.
Embodying integrity, flexibility, confidence and interpersonal skills, the Studio Manager will contribute to healthy company growth and culture. This position will report to the Director of Operations, as well as coordinating with other members of the NYP leadership team. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
This is a full time position that will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with Company priorities and values
- Develop sales strategies, initiatives and growth across all categories; communicate goals to the team, tracks store’s performance at all times and achieves sales
- Hold the management team accountable for personal productivity and management contribution
- Develop clienteling strategy to achieve business goals and objectives in partnership with the Customer Sales & Success team
- Understand changes in market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of sales strategies/tactics
- Bring your best self to work daily; model resilience and adaptability
- Oversee and manage recruitment, training, development and succession planning for your studio in line with NYP best practices
- Ensure all associates follow brand and role specific expectations
- Acts as brand ambassador in the market to drive loyalty and business
- Resolve student issues in a timely manner while being solution-oriented and forward thinking
- Partner with Company Leadership as needed to protect and drive business needs
- Develop team to build long-term relationships with customers
- Take initiative; have a high level of ownership and create a culture of accountability for yourself and others
- Ensure all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service of NYP standards
- Approach challenges in direct and timely manner and takes action to course correct in the moment, when appropriate
- Build trusting relationships with peers and team; acts as advocate for the Brand
- Welcome feedback and adapt behaviors; create short and long-term goals to achieve personal metrics and store performance
- Delegate and empower others
- Create enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Recognize and value individual performance
- Evaluate and manage the performance of team members; execute dialogues, development plans, feedback and follow-ups and take actions to improve performance and develop your team accordingly
- Regularly take class in-studio to ensure you are aware of and actively participating in instructor operations & program quality control
- Ensure regular and clear communication to the team on Business Performance, Company Culture & Values, and Studio goals through regular communication practices and monthly on-site team meetings
- Develop holistic business plans that encompass student acquisition, retention and retail goals
- Independently manage your studio’s budget and revenue goals MoM; problem solve and adjust business operations as needed to ensure a 50% contribution line
- Take ownership of studio class & private session schedule and optimization
- Evaluates performance of all team members and provides consistent and timely feedback; create and modify action plans for the continuous development
- Resolve performance problems using appropriate communication, coaching and counseling techniques
- Maintain top-talent while creating a talent bench
- Manages daily operational tasks according to NYP standards including selling and service expectations, operations, payroll, human resources and facility/brand management
- Demonstrate strong business acumen; strategically forecast in partnership with Director of Operations; plan and budget to the needs of the business (i.e. payroll, staffing, scheduling)
- Communicate needs upwards to Operations and Brand Leadership to ensure aesthetic and safety requirements are met
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Student Focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external students. Gets first hand student insight and feedback and uses it for improvements in products and services. Acts with the student experience in mind. Establishes and maintains effective relationships in the studio and gains student trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds rapport. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Uses diplomacy and tact. Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for cues to improve, experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish. Seldom gives up on anything before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; is not afraid to take action when necessary.
Things we take into account when calculating the compensation are global averages per skillset, your local cost of living, your skills, and your experience. This role will range with an annual base salary of $62K-75K with monthly bonus opportunities bi-annually based on revenue KPI’s.
Our teams work hard, and we never want burnout to happen! So we are here to create a balanced environment. As a member of the NYP HQ Team, you will receive 2 weeks of approved paid vacation (80 hours) and 1 week of paid personal days (40 hours) annually.
We love to keep knowledge at the top of our minds, and want our employees to be empowered to learn! So we offer a quarterly stipend that can be used towards Continuing Education
- $500 per quarter, up to $2,000/year. Can be used for internal Continuing Education opportunities only. You have 24 months post accrual to use this reward.
Medical & 401k 🏥
Available with company contribution
Free NYP Membership ⚡
Our workouts are amazing and we want you to be a part of the community at NYP. Which means taking classes! As an NYP team member, you will receive 12 complimentary NYP classes/month & 8 NYP guest passes/month (get to work out with friends)!