TITLE: Director of Marketing
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH or Remote
POSITION TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
REPORTS TO: CEO
ABOUT NETTIE: Nettie is a new woman-founded pickleball and outdoor recreation company aiming to bring joy, community, and great design to the fastest growing sport in America – pickleball! After years of isolation, technology dependence, and societal divisiveness in the world, we need more ways to get outside and just play with each other. With backing from a spectacular group of investors and coverage in publications like Vogue, The Drew Barrymore Show, Glamour, and Men’s Health and more, we have had incredible growth since launch in Fall 2021. With recent retail launches in Dick’s Sporting Goods, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Free People, among others, there is significant growth opportunity for the brand. You can find us online at www.playnettie.com or on social accounts @playnettie.
POSITION OVERVIEW: As the Director of Marketing at Nettie, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the CEO to support and enable Nettie’s fast growth. You will lead Nettie’s marketing initiatives by creating a comprehensive marketing plan and executing it across all company initiatives & channels - including paid media, retail marketing, strategic public relations, organic social media, and ensuring compelling storytelling about the brand. You will be a brand steward and leader within the organization, bringing order and systems to ensure we can operate as efficiently as possible, while also bringing a creative mindset to make sure we keep the brand joyful and top-of-mind. You’ll be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing consumer products startup – with the chance to experience fast professional growth and increasing responsibilities.
- Create & execute a cohesive, multi-channel marketing plan that supports the company’s growth targets & profit goals.
- Oversee and provide strategic direction to external agencies responsible for performance marketing, content creation, and public relations.
- Act as a strategic partner with the CEO to develop product launch and other GTM plans.
- Drive the formation of breakthrough creative campaigns that will effectively articulate the brand vision & provide the foundation for meeting business goals.
- Own the strategy for the development and deployment of all brand marketing creative content and campaign creation, refine the brand voice and visual messaging.
- Oversee strategy for organic social media channels, ensure a content plan that drives engagement and follower growth, manage team executing content development/delivery.
- Maintain an active network of national and local influencers who promote the mission/vision of the brand.
- Partner and communicate with the operations team to ensure inventory planning is based on accurate growth expectations.
- Lead initiatives to ensure success and sell-through at retail. Initiatives include: point of sale materials, promotional calendar, merchandising, partnering with retailers, etc.
- Develop sales tools (eg sell sheets) that enable Nettie to hit wholesale revenue targets.
- Form partnerships and collaborations with brands, nonprofits, artists, etc to help broaden Nettie’s reach and awareness among core audiences.
- Be a partner and advisor to CEO on company strategy.
- Manage and guide one full time employee and one intern, who support and drive various sales and marketing initiatives. A core part of this role is helping our team grow in their careers.
- Play pickleball! We play as part of the job – we will want you out in the community getting feedback, taking photos, representing the brand, and having fun!
- 7+ years experience in marketing with at least 2 years experience at a high-growth start-up
- Experience managing agencies and overseeing multiple marketing channels
- Experience with businesses that have both an ecommerce and brick-and mortar presence
- Highly analytical and very familiar with Facebook and Google paid media, as well as Growth Marketing KPIs
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, with a proven track record of both taking initiative and being a team player
- 2+ years managing and mentoring employees
- A do-er as opposed to a delegator who is organized, embraces a collaborative approach, and can communicate effectively to internal and external partners
- Proven track record of managing projects and making things happen
- Fluency in Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Klaviyo and other social media channels, with ability to guide team on content
- Hungry for a challenge, mission-driven, eager to learn and grow, and a team player
- Love for and familiarity with outdoor sports and recreation. Desire for someone who has played pickleball before. (Will accept candidates who have never played – but we will want you to learn!)
SALARY + BENEFITS
The salary range for this job is competitive, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Flexible Schedule, and generous PTO.
Nettie seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. BIPOC, women, and LGBTQ+ individuals are highly encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage you to apply as soon as you can. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.