- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing checks.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3+ years of human resource experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI certification a plus.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The jobholder may be required to carry out other duties as directed by their manager, the responsibility level of which should not exceed those outlined above.