A Day in the Life of a Dental Assistant at Sweetpea Smiles
On any given day at Sweetpea Smiles, you can expect to encounter the following:
- Arriving at 7:30am for morning huddle at 7:35am with your team to be ready to open the doors at 7:50am to see the 8:00am appts.
- Bringing patients and parents back on time while updating medical history
- Taking x-rays and guiding patients and parents through each step of the appointment
- Keeping up with checklists and office scripts to make sure we are all on the same page
- Being personable with patients as you would be with your own child
Proactively promoting same-day dentistry
- Accurately entering the treatment plans and clinical notes
- Effectively communicating pre/post-op instructions and scheduling the patient's next appointment
- Getting the operatory clean and completely set up for each patient
- Serving 50-70 patients each day as a team
- Working with a team of 6-10 other dental assistants, providers and administrators who encourage and support each other to make the day great!
- Supporting the dentists and hygienists chairside with all aspects of the procedures
- Restocking operatories daily and contributing to supply and inventory management
- Keeping all areas of the office clean including restrooms, breakroom, and waiting rooms
- Using all equipment with care and ownership
- Improving daily on essential tasks such as taking quality x rays, suctioning, and patient care
- Finishing the day on time, on a positive note and looking forward to another great day at the office!