To ensure success as a salon receptionist, you should possess excellent organizational and marketing skills. A top-notch salon receptionist should be able to remain calm in stressful situations and provide excellent customer service and support. Experience with Acuity scheduling, & Millineium platforms are a plus.
Salon Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Greeting and welcoming customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Tending to customer needs, inquiries, and complaints.
- Informing Stylist about customer appointments and requirements.
- Managing phone calls & emails
- Processing bookings and cancellations, and managing appointment schedules.
- Ensuring that the reception area is kept clean and professional.
- Assisting with marketing and sales by providing customers with information on promotions and new products and services.
- Processing transactions and issuing receipts.
- Performing administrative tasks such as filing, updating records, and logging transactions.
- Assisting with salon upkeep to ensure a successful and efficient day. Washing and folding laundry, cleaning stylist tools etc.
Salon Front Desk Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a receptionist, preferably in a salon setting.
- The ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Strong marketing and sales abilities.
- Excellent customer service and skills.
- Consistent professional presentation and pleasant demeanor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational abilities.
- Must be comfortable being on social media and engaging with clients on camera.