Assists physicians, and Nurse practitioners by performing administrative and
clinical duties under the direction of a physician.
Include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, answering phones.
Preparing treatment room for patient exams, recording patient medical history, and
cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment.
● Escort patients to exam rooms, measure vital signs, including weight,
blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and document all information in patient’s chart.
● Ensure all related reports, labs and information is filled out and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointment
● Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations; Assist physician and nurse practitioner
in exam rooms
● Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare
sterilization as required; Properly disposes of contaminated supplies
● Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, etc.)
● Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls (KLARA & Healow)
● Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
● Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent substitute.
● Minimum Experience: 2 years; combined education/experience as substitute for minimum
● Minimum Certifications and/or Licenses: CPR and first aid certification required; certification
as a medical assistant (CMA) preferred.
● Minimum Skills: Experience with EMR, MS Word, Excel, MS outlook.
● Good verbal and written communication skills.
● Skills in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and using a multi-line phone system.
● Be able to prioritize workload while remaining flexible.
● Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
$17 - $23 per hour