The Morse Clinic of Durham is recruiting for a patient safety monitor to join our Medications for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD) program in Durham, NC for weekday, Saturdays and holiday coverage. This position will be up to 25 hours a week. Weekend hours are from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and Weekday hours are 5:45 AM to 12:45 AM preferred to support current dosing hours. This is an active position with regular patrols inside and outside of the facility. Customer Service and Crisis Resolution skills are a requirement for this position.
Summary: Responsible for providing a visual security presence inside building and parking lot to ensure that MORSE CLINICS patients and staff members have a safe and pleasant experience during business hours. Runs errands such as taking bank deposits, drops off FedEx packages to mail center and maintain/order supplies when needed. Responsible for being back up front desk when personnel are out sick, break, and meetings. Responsible for providing random, supervised urine specimens for drug screen testing at the request of the Program Director. Reports to Program Director by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conducts hourly rounds in parking lot to prevent loitering.*
2. Enforces clinic policies with clients.*
3. Checks fire exits to make sure free of obstacles, inspects fire extinguishers to make sure inspections are up to date, holds safety drills, and monitors camera when lobby is not crowded.*
4. Admits and checks in and out visitors/vendors and makes sure they sign in and out.*
5. Signs for packages and gives to appropriate staff member.*
6. Responsible for being familiar with and understanding the business’ safety plan and evacuation procedures and carries out emergency procedures as necessary. Controls crowds as required within building.*
7. Secures the business’ entrances at the end of operating hours.*
8. Checks patients’ bathroom to make sure it’s not occupied, light is off and locked.*
9. Runs front desk when staff member is out sick, goes on breaks, in a meeting, etc.*
10. Monitors hallways.*
11. Maintains and orders supplies.*
12. Checks mailbox.*
13. Picks up trash in parking lot.*
14. Sweeps halls and takes trash out as needed.*
15. Responsible for other duties required by Program Director.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps including Google Drive, and security monitoring station.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in the security field is required
Certificates and Licenses:
CPI within 3 months of hire, provided by employer
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
· Time management
· Oral and written communication skills
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, follow detailed procedures, and have good customer service skills.
· Must be able to work independent of intensive supervision
· Weekends are required
· Ability to communicate with other staff regarding clients’ financial status
· Ability to function as a member of a team and participate in team meetings
· Timeliness of bank deposits
· Ability to document payments accurately
· Attendance and punctuality at work
· Ability to structure time and organize other duties
· Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
$15 - $18 per hour