Mfinite Consulting is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager (PM) to join a high-performing team working with vendors, court staff, and IT staff to manage the implementation of two critical projects successfully.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a competitive environment, has top-notch business acumen and interpersonal skills, and brings immense value to an organization. Are you that somebody?
About Us: Mfinite Consulting LLC is a certified Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority/Disadvantaged/Small Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE/SBE) that serves clients at every organizational level, whether as a trusted advisor to top management or as a hands-on coach for front line employees. We partner with businesses to put recommendations into practice and work directly with them over the long term to help develop workforce skills, drive operational improvement, and apply new working methods.
Location: Annapolis, MD
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will manage two (2) Judicial Information Systems (JIS) IT projects. They will analyze User Interface (UI) requirements to design and implement Web Applications, prepare and maintain documentation for all software development phases (Use Cases, Design Documents, UML, Technical Documentation), and maintain expert knowledge skills relative to the JIS Systems. The PM will utilize System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and the Project Management Office (PMO) templates to manage project activities. They will work in a matrixed organization on multiple projects and objectives, translating technical concepts into business terms while establishing and maintaining working relationships. Other duties include:
· Chairing project/status meetings, creating and maintaining the Project Plan, and managing project-related issues about system requirements, data, performance, business processes, software quality, and training.
· Monitoring the ongoing project activities against the project management plan and tracking project performance against performance metrics while controlling change, project scope, cost, and schedule.
· Working in partnership with the project team, infrastructure team, and project vendors to manage the release of new software.
· Viewing stakeholders/business owners’ functional duties holistically to understand the impact of dependent / inter-related business functions.
· Determining the impact of an issue, assessing where the issue should be assigned, creating strategies for issue resolution, and reviewing all updates to issues to ensure that there is complete and thorough documentation and appropriate assignment.
· Maintaining and updating the risk register, determining the probability and impact of all risks, and developing risk contingency, mitigation, or avoidance options.
· Ensuring each software release or patch contains vendor test results, required configurations, and release notes.
· Creating and reviewing integrated change control requests.
· Creating and maintaining the following project artifacts as needed: Charter (Scope Statement), Stakeholder and Vendor Management, Project Schedule, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Data Conversion/Migration, Risk Register / Issues Log, Deployment Plan, Test Plan, Acceptance Plan, Status Reports, and Meeting Minutes.
· Preparing regular and ad hoc reports, including weekly project reports of progress and status, weekly time reports, and additional reports as requested.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
Hours and Location:
$45 - $55 per hour