Fiscal Clerk is needed for our client located in Baltimore, MD
Job Description: We are seeking a dedicated Fiscal Clerk to join our growing company. You will collaborate with the lead fiscal staff member to help ensure the daily functions relating to the processing of invoices for payment are met. As a Fiscal Clerk, you can put your experience and passion for attention to detail to use by reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting, and balancing financial transactions that will aid our clients in the delivery of their mission.
About Us: Mfinite Consulting LLC is a certified Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), and Minority/Disadvantaged/Small Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE/SBE) that serves clients at every organizational level whether as a trusted advisor to top management or as a hands-on coach for front line employees. We partner with businesses to put recommendations into practice and work directly with them over the long term, to help develop workforce skills, drive operational improvement, and apply new working methods.
About the Role:
· Reviews and verifies source documents such as bills, receipts, transmittal sheets, invoices, benefit claims, vouchers, purchase orders, check registers, payroll reports, and requisitions for application to proper agency accounts;
· Computes credits and debits for accounts according to standardized codes, regulations, and procedures promulgated by internal and external fiscal control entities;
· Enters, posts, and records credits and debits to established ledger accounts;
· Proves account balances posted in ledger accounts with source document totals to identify record discrepancies;
· Researches discrepancies in account balance by retrieving and examining original chronological records for miscalculations or posting errors;
· Corrects inaccuracies in account balances and adjusts accounting records to balance with source document totals;
· Records account totals on agency ledgers and fiscal control accounts;
· Maintains accurate data by entering and updating accounts when additional source documents are received;
· Summarizes numerical data using computer programs or calculators for use in the preparation of financial records reports;
· Communicates with external and internal customers regarding incomplete or inaccurate invoices or reports or delinquent accounts;
· May compute and process all or part of an agency's payroll;
· May verify that transactions submitted by the agency were entered correctly into a fiscal control accounting system, resolve differences and notify the fiscal control agency of necessary adjustments;
· May prepare a trial balance of an account ledger for use by higher-level accounting staff;
· May contact fiscal control agencies such as the Department of Budget and Management and the Comptroller of the Treasury for clarification of accounting policies and procedures;
· May assist in the training of lower-level Fiscal Accounts Clerks and clerical support staff;
· Performs other related duties.
About You: The ideal candidate will have the following must-have skills and experience:
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting, and balancing financial transactions;
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of bookkeeping;
· Knowledge of the organization of standard books of accounts and the process of monitoring financial records;
· Skill in posting and balancing accounts and calculating percentages; Skill in resolving problems associated with incomplete, inaccurate, or conflicting source data and in reconciling and correcting errors in specialized versions;
· Skill in managing work time efficiently and effectively under deadlines;
· Ability to use a computer or business machine to access, input, and extract data;
· Ability to communicate effectively;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency fiscal staff, data processing clerks, payroll personnel, vendors, and representatives from fiscal control agencies.
A background check is required for employment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting, and balancing financial transactions.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply online here. Please explain why your experience is relevant to this role in your cover letter.
$17 - $17 per hour