As the top financial business systems analyst, you are responsible for overseeing the financial processes of Maryland's MDEC application suite.
Title: Financial Business Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Annapolis, MD (Hybrid) 50% onsite
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm M-F
About Us: Mfinite Consulting LLC is a certified Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority/Disadvantaged/Small Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE/SBE) that serves clients at every organizational level, whether as a trusted advisor to top management or as a hands-on coach for front line employees. We partner with businesses to put recommendations into practice and work directly with them over the long term to help develop workforce skills, drive operational improvement, and apply new working methods.
About the Role: As the leading financial business analyst and expert, you are responsible for overseeing the financial business processes for Maryland's MDEC (Maryland Electronic Courts) application suite. You will work closely with JIS (Judicial Information System) financial analysts and Judiciary leadership to allocate resources for task completion. Furthermore, you will provide the case management vendor with detailed analysis and specifications to enhance the application.
Financial Business/System Analyst
· Serve as the lead financial business analyst and subject matter expert for Maryland's financial business processes using the MDEC application suite.
· Collaborate with JIS financial analysts and Judiciary leadership to manage resources and complete assignments.
· Provide the case management vendor with an analysis of the requirements for application enhancements.
· Assist end-users while complying with agreed-upon service level agreements.
· Evaluate the existing financial systems of District and Circuit Courts and provide recommendations for developing standardized statewide financial configurations in accordance with Maryland statutes.
· Provide recommendations and analysis for configuring standardized business processes and testing them.
· Provide continuous assistance for reviewing MDEC financial data conversions, including data mapping, conversion logic creation, data analysis, solution determination and validation, and documentation.
· Provide analysis and design input for audit requirements for MDEC.
· Provide support for MDEC development system testing and User Acceptance Testing.
· Provide analysis to the programming team on financial integration processes.
· Examine current and planned data transfers to ensure compatibility with financial systems at both the local and state levels.
· Develop specifications for business rules to create the MDEC Financial Systems.
· Analyze large financial data sets, develop queries and data extracts, utilize data analysis software tools to formulate conclusions, and present data analysis graphically and verbally.
· Analyze and collaborate with team members to provide support for non-financial departments of MDEC, as required.
· Create and regularly update documentation outlining the standard business processes and configuration choices used throughout the state.
· Assist auditors by providing information on MDEC's financial business processes and financial configuration upon request.
· Deliver orientation and training to end-users on new or updated business procedures, both in-person and remotely.
Hands-on (mid-expert level) experience with the following:
Business and Analytical Skills:
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Strong ability to convey information to both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Strong business process knowledge
· Court business experience (preferred)
· The skill to create and deliver presentations
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task
In addition to Ten (10) years of experience analyzing large financial data sets and performing database queries, the candidate should have:
· Five years of experience programming in PROGRESS 4GL
· 3-4 years of experience working with UNIX (AIX) and Windows Platforms
· Strong analytical and programming skills
· Court Case Management application experience desired.
· Experience with UNIX/AIX-based, large-scale applications.
8 am - 5 pm M-F ( includes include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed)
***If you cannot travel to Annapolis, MD, for work, please do not submit an application (50% onsite).
$50 - $60 per hour