MedLink Career Hub is seeking contract RN for a Correctional Facility in Hagerstown, MD
Start Date: 12/04/2023
Shifts: 0330 PM - 1200 AM
Contract Weeks: 13
Guarantee: 36 hrs
Gross Weekly Pay: up to $2,340
Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
- Current Registered Nurse License(s) in the State of Maryland or other Nurse Licensure Compact State.
- At least 1-2 years of recent experience in the area of specialty
- Current BLS certification
- COVID Vaccine or valid exemption on file
- Physical and TB/PPD
- Must be able to pass background check and drug screening
- Provide direct and indirect nursing care to forensic clients, patients, and inmates with mental, emotional, or developmental disabilities under the direction of the supervising registered nurse and correctional facility.
- Plans and implements nursing care including administration of medication, therapeutic agents, treatments, disease prevention, and restorative measures ordered by a physician.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health care providers; take independent action within professional preparation and legal limits to maintain order.
- Supervise the conduct of forensic clients, patients, and inmates to protect and maintain the safety of persons and property.
- Assist physicians with medical and/or minor surgical procedures; Obtain samples, specimens, and cultures for diagnostic testing per physician orders.
- Perform assessment and ongoing monitoring of forensic clients, patients, and inmates physical and psychosocial status.
- Maintain accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Initiate emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation and advanced life support protocols.
- Provide care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity, and rights.
- Serve and protect the facility by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements.
- Knowledge of various computer systems.
WHY CHOOSE US?
MEDLINK CAREER HUB is a locally owned medical staffing company based in Maryland. Having recognized the high demand for nurses and other allied health professionals, we aim to help alleviate some of those demands. Our goal is to provide top-tier and experienced clinicians to healthcare facilities in need. We pride in listening and really getting to know our applicants and clients to best understand what both parties need and ensure a great match.
MedLink Career Hub is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
$2,160 - $2,340 per week