You will support our organization’s goals and objectives through overseeing and managing multiple emergency management projects and programs, ensuring their completion on time, within budget and meeting the needs of stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- You will manage and coordinate multiple projects according to industry-standard PM methodologies and best practices, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget to guarantee organizational and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Assign work to team members based on skills and expertise.
- Oversee and supervise the daily activities of subject matter experts (SMEs) assigned to your projects.
- Create presentations/reports and communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants.
- Work with proposal teams to develop cost estimates and project plans.
- Remain aware of organizational goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities.
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across departments to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting.
- Manage tasks in accordance with Project Management Institute (PMI) standards and those of the organization.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Company.
Are you enthusiastic about pursuing this opportunity? We want to meet you if you:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in project management, emergency management, homeland security, or related fields.
- Are Project Management Certified
- Have at least four years of experience working in an EM environment within Education, Healthcare or EM organization requiring plans, policies, and procedures.
- Are knowledgeable of industry-standard project management methodologies and best practices.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Are proficient in project management tools and software, including Teams, Monday, MS Project, Trello, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, and Basecamp is beneficial.
- Have managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- Are problem-solving oriented.
- Are a leader, communicator, negotiator, team and time manager, and a critical thinker.
The following certifications will be a plus:
Certified Emergency Manager (CEM)
Associate Emergency Manager (AEM)
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Familiar with Six Sigma Body of Knowledge and practices.