DevOps Engineers familiar with Unix/Linux/SE for our Data Centric-Multi-Level Secure® (DC-MLS®) Enterprise team. The DC-MLS® Enterprise team provides initial deployment and coordination of initial site support for DC-MLS® deployments which include HPC programs and other contracts as well as for our DC-MLS® Core team.
Title: DevOps Engineer for MLS Linux Systems
Location: Herndon, VA preferred Denver Optional; Willingness to travel to Mississippi ( initial 1-2 weeks trip, then minimal travel)
Security clearance : TS/SCI with Poly
MRG provides Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)/SE Linux based HPC services throughout the lifecycle for computational requirements, architecture, acquisition, and operations to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. The program provides key supercomputing capabilities for solving important problems in science and technology. This work involves working on cutting edge HPC technologies to ensure that scientists and engineers will be able to fully utilize modern HPC systems.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineers familiar with Unix/Linux/SE for our Data Centric-Multi-Level Secure® (DC-MLS®) Enterprise team. The DC-MLS® Enterprise team provides initial deployment and coordination of initial site support for DC-MLS® deployments which include HPC programs and other contracts as well as for our DC-MLS® Core team.
You will be an active member of the DC-MLS® Enterprise team supporting multiple current and future contracts including the HPC contract.
The DC-MLS® Enterprise team is responsible for the development of documentation, scripting, processes, and other support necessary to deploy the DC-MLS® Core product and working with the sites including HPC and other current deployments to provide full spectrum of DevOps support for the DC-MLS® Core and Enterprise product and the implementations on the various contracts. You will work closely with the contract teams, users, and government to ensure the DC-MLS® Enterprise and Core products meet requirements and fully support each program’s needs.
An individual should have demonstrated problem-solving ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deploy through Red Hat (RH) Satellite and Ansible automation and maintain Red Hat Enterprise Linux/SE Linux configurations
· Work with site administration one-on-one to troubleshoot automation/deployment issues
· Install software libraries functioning in RHEL/SE Linux environment to support DC-MLS® Enterprise deployments
· Monitor and modify DC-MLS® Enterprise in an agile and highly flexible environment
· Engage 3rd party vendors to translate and integrate manual steps into deployment process
· Apply best practices in DevOps engineering, delivering projects on time and with excellent quality
· Provide support to staff and end users to resolve DC-MLS® Enterprise related issues
· Create and/or modify existing DC-MLS® Enterprise DevOps to correct errors and/or improve deployment capabilities
· Develop and execute test plans for filesystem upgrades and address with vendor support any issues that arise during testing
· Potential for shaping new business growth with additional customers
Basic Qualifications: (Required)
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an AIS degree required plus 5 years of a combination of Linux, scripting/software development, and configuration management experience
· Proficiency in Python, Perl, Korn, Bourne/Bash, Ansible and other shell scripting
· Experience with revision control software (CVS, SVN, Git, GitLab, GitLab CI)
· Management, development of DevOps deployment automation processes
· Ability to analyze/debug/maintain the integrity of an existing DevOps base
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Understanding of software development process including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing
· Security+ Certification
· Ability to obtain clearance
· SE Linux experience: configuration and policy
· Experience with RH Satellite
· Experience with Lustre, NFS, and other file systems
· Experience with Ethernet networking
· Experience with RDMA communications (InfiniBand and OmniPath)
· Experience with InfiniBand or Omni-Path high speed fabrics, including subnet management, IPoIB and/or IPoOPA mechanisms, fabric topology and health monitoring and integration with MPI
· Understanding and experience working with identity management systems including LDAP and token-based authentication systems
· New business growth experience, communication and shaping of new business with customers.
$150,000 - $250,000 per year