This is for the Colen & Wagoner P.A. side of the office at Marion Title & Escrow.
Here are a few things you would be doing (though not an all-inclusive list):
- Assist with all aspects of probate
- Prepare court pleadings, court orders, engagement letters, letters
- effectively correspond with clients, financial institutions, and beneficiaries to obtain needed information
- Obtain, track, and completes all required forms to transfer financial accounts
- File claims for insurance proceeds and death benefits
- Prepare letters and correspondence to clients
- Correspond effectively with probate court as needed
- Promptly respond to clients on all questions
- Help prepare our attorney for guardianship proceedings
- Update file
- Scan, copy and file
- Managing multiple case files (electronic and hard copy);
- Scanning and e-filing documents with the court
- Documenting billable hours for casework.
- Heavy client interaction.
- Office administration (i.e. answering the phone, processing the mail, etc.); and
- Prior probate experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word with a strong aptitude toward math and basic calculations.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to document clearly
- Notary public a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of the internet, legal research tools, court websites, and familiarity with practice management software preferred
- Comfortable in supporting more than one attorney and interacting with clients and other professionals
- Ability to prioritize workloads with chancing priorities and manage workflow process effectively
- Client service-oriented—must be passionate about helping our clients and their families; take pride in and joy in providing the highest-quality services possible; and enjoy creating a welcoming and warm environment
- Confident, polished, professional demeanor and appearance, including how you speak and how you act with clients and other professionals
- Able to learn, accurately follow, and manage workflow systems
- Self-starter who thrives on immersion in a rapidly changing environment and excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with attention to detail
- Prior law firm experience is preferred but not required.
- Paid time off, Simple IRA, Health Insurance, Vision, Dental
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Our firm treat our clients and staff like family. As a close-knit team, we support each other in our roles to deliver a great experience to our clients and their families.
The right candidate will be excited about working in a team environment with the opportunity to grow. The candidate must be able to work with our clients in an organized and efficient manner.