As a budtender, you will be responsible for advising customers on suitable cannabis products based on their needs, preferences, budgets, and reactions to different strains of cannabis. You will also stay updated on new cannabis products on the market as well as the latest industry trends through both in-house and outside resources.
Other key requirements and responsibilities include:
- Accurately processing customers' payments using the dispensary's Point of Sale (POS) system (GrowFlow and Metrc)
- Educating customers on the safe use of their selected cannabis products, correctly weighing, packaging and labeling cannabis products as required.
- Checking customers' identification documents to verify that they are valid OMMA patients.
- Taking inventory of cannabis products and ensuring that the sales floor is adequately stocked.
In addition, as a budtender at Mango Cannabis, you will be expected to:
- Follow and comply with all rules and regulations set forth by OMMA.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Multi-task and work at a quick, efficient pace.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be dependable, and have a positive attitude.
- Be self-motivated to be productive and proactive.
- Adapt in adversity and possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Have cash handling skills as we are a cash-only business.
- Be familiar with GrowFlow, Metrc, and OMMA guidelines.
- Maintain a fully stocked showroom, delegate rearrangements when necessary to meet the company's visual esthetic.
- Make sure all closing and opening duties are done and up to standard every shift.