We are seeking a highly-skilled and creative Instructional Designer to join our team. As an Instructional Designer, you will play a critical role in creating engaging and effective learning experiences for our customer support teams. You will use your expertise in instructional design methodologies, learning technologies and multimedia design to create innovative solutions that align with our business objectives and promote continuous learning.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in training design and development, excellent communication skills, and a passion for facilitating learning and knowledge transfer.
What you’ll be doing
- Utilize instructional design methodologies to create engaging and interactive learning solutions, including digital learning, virtual instructor-led training (vILT), microlearning, videos, and supporting documentation
- Design activities and assessments which promote hands-on and experiential learning
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to gather content, review technical information, and translate complex topics into clear and concise materials
- Analyze learnings needs by conducting needs assessments and audience analysis to identify learning objectives and appropriate strategies
- Author, maintain, and update online courses, utilizing real-time training evaluation data to inform ongoing maintenance and design needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as product development and marketing, to align training initiatives with company goals and objectives
- Design and create engaging, effective digital courses through the use of Articulate Storyline/Rise and other e-learning tools; building quizzes and interactivity; testing of courses prior to their release; maintenance and refreshing of content in existing e-learning courses.
- Build assessments to track learner progress and to verify job-readiness
- Develop network with facilitators and learners. Intake, act upon, and track content feedback from facilitators and learners
- Stay abreast of industry trends, innovations and emerging technologies in instructional design and digital learning to continually enhance the effectiveness of learning solutions
- Proactively revise content as Zendesk products and internal processes evolve
- Track and report on work in Asana project pages
- Create and execute plans for advancing the organization’s knowledge of learning theories, digital learning and facilitation, as well as learning technologies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related field.
- Proven 1-2 years experience as an Instructional Designer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present to a wide range of audiences.
- Proficiency in using authoring tools, learning management systems (LMS), and multimedia software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite and Articulate Rise 360.
- Proficiency in utilizing virtual training delivery and facilitation tools
- Understanding of adult learning principles and instructional design concepts.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio or samples of previous instructional design work showcasing a variety of learning solutions and multimedia assets.
- A passion for continuous learning and professional growth