The Catering and Events Manager will be responsible for developing existing catering business and acquire new customers through lead generation and marketing. The Catering and Events Manager will also book, sell, plan, and coordinate special events all while ensuring the highest customer service.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Acquire new catering and event customers.
- Prepare, propose, and execute all catering and events contracts with the customer in mind and attention to detail.
- Negotiate contracts terms and agreements.
- Post/bill for events in a timely manner as needed.
- Coordinate with entertainment vendors to host in-house events.
- Communicate with customers on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with members of the management team to ensure timely food delivery and personnel support (if needed).
- Use creativity to close new businesses and maximize revenue.
- Form relationship and network within the community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Very detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to read and negotiate contracts.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 40 pounds.
- Able to work a flexible schedule based on event and business demands.
- Ability to work with clients to determine the needs of an event.
- Knowledge of event planning and catering needs.
- One year sales experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
- High school diploma required.