The Senior Director, Sales Operations is a critical and highly rewarding position responsible for achieving annual revenue goals and influencing the company’s growth working alongside the leadership team. Equally important, this position offers the right candidate the opportunity to consult directly with clients to drive their cell and gene therapy programs to clinic faster. In addition, you will be managing a team of business development professionals including budgeting of time and resources, formulating sales action plan and monitoring monthly objectives to achieve sales targets. The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate thought leadership within the organization and be a key contributor to delivering company objectives.
· Work alongside leadership to develop rolling annual revenue forecasts for each revenue stream
· Build and manage a high-performance sales team
· Create a measurable revenue plan to meet quarterly and annual sales goals
· Support the commercial team in developing and implementing strategies including channel strategy, product/portfolio decisions, account-level segmentation, and resource allocation to deliver on revenue targets
· Support commercial team in identifying and executing on business acceleration opportunities
· Lead cross-functional initiatives to support assessment of sales rep productivity, efficiency, and capabilities through implementation of metrics and methods
· Develop recommendations around sales strategy, account and KOL coverage, incentive plans, and other sales related activities for execution across revenue streams and business units
· Develop overall pricing strategy and architecture to optimize transparency and monitoring; provide deal execution support
· Track, report and analyze revenue opportunities on a routine basis
· Accurately forecast closed opportunities and revenue on a quarterly basis
· Maintain strong relationships with key accounts and penetrate existing business
· Consult with clients to develop a strong understanding of their overall project plans/phases
· Understand ‘true’ customer profitability and identify highest value opportunities
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of OrganaBio’s portfolio of RUO and GMP compliant products/services and their competitive positioning in the market
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of industry trends and landscapes to deliver value to internal and external stakeholders/customers
· Develop sales solutions for clients’ project requirements and be able to communicate those solutions in convincing presentations
· Work cross-functionally with other business units to maintain a culture of teamwork and maximize annual revenue
· Work cross-functionally on demand planning and resource allocation
· Act as the voice of customer and work closely with marketing to make sure OrganaBio is positioned for success amidst a rapidly changing competitive landscape
· Collaborate with marketing and sales teams on product launch plans and execution as well as sales team training
· Travel to client meetings, vendor shows, and conferences to demonstrate new products and capabilities
· Collect and analyze market and internal metrics; develop and automate systematic processes
· Derive critical insights to drive improved customer segmentation, opportunity identification/quantification, and inform commercial strategy
· Supervise/coach and train scientists and manage routine team operations. Build and manage a high performing Sales Team through hiring, training, supervision, mentoring and reviewing of key personnel.
· Create and lead a culture/environment of inclusion by exemplifying inclusive behaviors, promoting the interaction and integration of diverse individuals into teams to positively impact the company.
· Anticipate changing circumstances and prepare function/department to maintain performance objective; promote a culture of positivity, continuous improvement, and adaptability/flexibility.
· Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, managing budget, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
· Optimize workplace productivity and promote professional growth through hiring, training, motivating, and directing employees.
· Maintains up-to-date and accurate records in HubSpot database for accounts.
Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in the life sciences or related area. Graduate degree, such as MBA, strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years sales experience at least 5 years with the sourcing of cellular starting material or in an adjacent industry area (life sciences, cell therapy, regenerative medicine). At least 3 years of people management experience in sales. Proven sales track record in a relevant industry.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, CRM software (SFDC, HubSpot), and NetSuite.
Certificates & Licenses: None required.
· Comfortable with working in a true start-up environment. Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and comfortable with ambiguity and evolving priorities.
· Ability to work flexible hours to meet business and/or customer needs.
· Maintain honesty, integrity, and excellent work ethic.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and listening skills.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
OrganaBio is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. OrganaBio prohibits any form of unlawful harassment or discrimination against applicants for employment or employees on the basis of any legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local law.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS OrganaBio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to have equal opportunity to search for a job opening or apply for a position. Any applicant requiring assistance with our career opportunities website or who needs an accommodation due to a disability, should send an e-mail to [email protected] This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We may only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
$150,000 - $190,000 per year