The Materials Management Specialist will function under the guidance of the Materials Manager, and in accordance with established standard operating procedures. They will be responsible for material receipt, inventory management, and product shipments at the cGMP manufacturing facility.
· Perform material receipt intake process for critical materials, as they are received, according to established OrganaBio procedures.
· Restock material supply areas and carts for laboratory and facilities departments.
· Monitor material inventory levels, notifying Materials Manager and other Materials Management staff if materials fall below established minimums.
· Place ad-hoc orders and re-evaluate recurring orders as material use rates change.
· Book and supervise pickups of product shipments by approved transport vendors.
· Pack-out and ship products and other temperature sensitive materials.
· Update order fulfillment logs and provide real-time order updates to key stakeholders.
· Facilitate and supervise pickups of biohazardous waste by approved waste vendors.
· Break down and properly dispose of cardboard boxes from material shipments.
· Communicate problems or concerns to the Materials Manager as indicated.
· Complete appropriate training programs related to material transport and staff safety.
· Professionally engage with staff and vendors to ensure the workplace is safe, efficient, and enjoyable.
· Occasional transfer of products and materials to specified destinations, completing all chain of custody documentation according to OrganaBio procedures.
· Perform other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
· Communication - We feel this is the most important aspect of any job. You must be in communication with your supervisor, and make sure they are appraised of and in agreement with your everyday tasks
· Timeliness - Everything we do is on a schedule. While we are very flexible in terms of time off and scheduling, we operate on the assumption that our employees will be timely, and if necessary, give plenty of notice of any absences
· Teamwork - Our operations, testing and systems are complex and multifaceted, so we expect you to work well with our current team members - from those in the lab to those in administration - to ensure we work most cohesively
· Willingness to Learn - While we expect you’ll come in with a variety of basic skills, we ask that you also come with eagerness to learn more
· Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A Baccalaureate Degree in supply management, business, finance or related field is strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-years prior materials management, supply chain, experience is required. Experience with shipment of medical/clinical materials is highly encouraged.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
Certificates & Licenses: N/A
· Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.