A Cell Processing Associate assists in the performance of primary peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) isolation from patient samples, as part of screening efforts for various customers. This position will help contribute to PBMC isolation process improvement, to drive efficiency in the documentation and production process. This role will support Process Development (PD) team efforts, and interact cross-functionally with teams that include, but are not limited to Business Development and Quality Assurance, to ensure company milestones are met. This position will ensure that products are processed under GLP practices, with appropriate documentation in place, it will also interact with external customers for which samples are processed, assuring that such communication is clear and disseminated in time, and processed samples are shipped back to customer, according to customer timeline.
· Routinely assist in the performance of PBMC isolation whole blood samples sent to OrganaBio to processing.
· Contribute to completing all the applicable paperwork provided by individual customers and developing adequate documentation for customers where such documentation is missing.
· Effectively communicate with customer for which samples are processed.
· Follow established PBMC isolation methods.
· Understand and interpret research protocols, established scope of work (SOW) documents and applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Participate in the development of new/revision of existing documents.
· Record laboratory data in the applicable data management system(s) and paper-based document systems and contribute to technical customer-centered reports.
· Communicate with cross-functional teams to include Quality Assurance and Business development, as needed.
· Provide regular production status updates to PD & BD team leadership / project management teams.
· Support daily laboratory operations, including cleaning, maintenance, ordering, and inventory management
· Assure there is sufficient materials and supplies inventory for scheduling product processing.
· Assist with equipment maintenance and preventative maintenance routines when it becomes necessary.
· Participate in mandatory training activities and maintain an acceptable level of knowledge and competency required to perform essential functions listed above. Have all training activities documented, as required by applicable regulations and standards, in timely manner.
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Productive, solution-oriented work ethic
· Flexible Mindset -
· Maintain honesty, integrity, and an excellent work ethic
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and listening skills.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor or Associate Degree in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, or related field.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in laboratory work, basic laboratory techniques, aseptic technique and final fill and finish.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Certificates & Licenses: Lab Technologist license is an asset
· Familiarity with aseptic technique and PBMC isolation
· Ability to quantify experimental results and present to the team
· Ability to work flexible hours to meet business and/or customer needs
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
OrganaBio is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. OrganaBio prohibits any form of unlawful harassment or discrimination against applicants for employment or employees on the basis of any legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local law.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS OrganaBio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to have equal opportunity to search for a job opening or apply for a position. Any applicant requiring assistance with our career opportunities website or who needs an accommodation due to a disability, should send an e-mail to [email protected] This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We may only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
$20 - $26 per hour