We are looking for a compassionate, diligent behavioral health technician to join our team. You will be working in conjunction with other medical professionals to implement treatment plans for clients with behavior disorders, providing them with the care, support, and supervision they require.
To be successful as a behavioral health technician, you should be an excellent listener with a solid understanding of what it takes to treat or manage behavior disorders. Top candidates will also be sensitive, respectful, and personable when working with our clients.
This is a full-time position. Please look at the schedule below.
- Carrying out individual treatment plans prescribed by medical professionals.
- Monitoring clients and recording your observations.
- Reporting back on each client's progress and concerns.
- Ensuring clients have a safe and supportive environment.
- Diffusing situations in which clients wish to harm themselves or others.
- Providing emotional support to clients.
- Alerting medical professionals to intervene in emergencies.
- Carrying out assessments and other administrative tasks.
- Maintaining strict client confidentiality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Excellent teamwork skills to ensure quality patient care
- Good Interpersonal and Intrapersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in stressful situations
- Must be able to treat clients with dignity and empathy
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Acute observation skills.
- Basic computer and technical literacy.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 21 years old
- Experience working with kids preferred
- Six (6) months of experience in a healthcare setting OR completion of a related health education certification OR completion of the first semester of courses in a major of an associate or bachelor's degree program in psychology, nursing, counseling, or related field
- Valid driver's license
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report
- Proof of Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions.
- Negative Tuberculosis test needed before the first day of work