The Manager is responsible for Quality and Services systems in the restaurant. Managers coach and train Little Italy Associates to produce the highest quality food and to provide friendly and honest service. The Manager will open or close the restaurant, ensuring a quality opening and/or closing by completing administrative responsibilities while maximizing the safety and security of our Associates, Customers and Assets.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures and completes assigned paperwork.
- Manages the people, product, and equipment of the restaurant to deliver the Mission & Promise.
- Evaluate coupon usage and detailed altered sales report.
- Takes personal responsibility and ownership for managing Product Quality, Service, and Prosperity.
- Manages food, labor and costs through training and coaching.
- Acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Executes plans to improve customer satisfaction through regular utilization & communication of customer feedback program, customer callbacks, and refining results to create improvement plans.
- Ensures shift execution (pre/post-shift checklists, game plans, and dough plans).
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, and theft during shifts.
- Interacts with and listens to customers attentively and enthusiastically.
- Ensures customers receive their orders accurately and within the quoted promise times.
- Anticipates the needs of the customers at all access points and removes existing or potential service barriers.
- Displays caring and empathy for customers and follows correct steps when resolving complaints.
- Ensures the team delivers all elements of Little Italy Service Standards.
- Contributes to the team morale by displaying enthusiasm and commitment by word and action.
- Uses job aids including training manuals to properly train and reinforce Associates to execute the Little Italy standards and processes to understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Promise, and Values.
- Understands and coaches the principle drivers for People, Promise and Prosperity (positive environment, portioning usage, etc.).
- Models performance standards (primary responsibility to direct & coach, secondary responsibility to assist).
- Demonstrates, trains, and enforces operating norms, including but not limited to uniform policy, attendance, safety procedures, cleanliness, utilizing Progressive Performance Coaching when necessary and escalating associate relations or potential theft issues to the General Manager.
- Knows, enforces, and educates Associates on all applicable labor laws.
- Understands, coaches, and enforces 3rd party policies and procedures as required.
- Train and enforce the delivery driver routing system to best enhance customer service with hot and fresh product.
- Trains and enforces correct cash control procedures.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the food safety & personal hygiene standards required by Little Italy and the local Health Department.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory of all stocked items, vendor orders, and invoice processing.
- Uses proper security and verification procedures when handling deposits and safe contents.
- Manages dough and day dots to ensure the best quality.
- Properly executes, enforces, and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Basic Math and Reading Skills necessary
- Ohio PIC ServSafe certification
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position safely while meeting productivity standards
- Able to stand and/or walk entire shift
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Occasional bending and twisting
- Previous Manager or Team Lead experience
- Successful Completion of Little Italy M.I.T. Program and all corresponding certifications, Manager modules, and food safe handler’s courses
- Can execute all items on the Manager readiness checklist
- 401(k) with 50% employer match up to 6% of gross pay (after one year of employment)
- Paid Vacation (full-time)
- Paid Holidays (full-time)
- Paid Sick Leave (full-time)
- Employee Meal
- Employee discount for your party when dining in as a guest
- Career growth opportunities
- Quarterly Bonus program