Seeking experienced bookkeeper to manage in depth client relationships!
Bookkeeper II is the entry level class of the professional accounting series. Initially, under close supervision, incumbents perform more routine duties while learning corporate policies and procedures and becoming familiar with a variety of internal systems and practices. As experience is gained, duties become more diversified and are performed under more general supervision. This class is alternately staffed with Senior Bookkeeper(s) and incumbents may advance to the higher level after gaining experience and demonstrating proficiency which meet the qualifications of the higher level class.
Senior Bookkeeper is the journey level class in the professional accounting series. Positions in this class are expected to independently perform the full range of accounting/auditing duties. Successful performance requires a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, the ability to exercise sound independent judgment within established guidelines, and skill in directing the work of others. Responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, and evaluating the work of a small group of/or individual positions performing similar work or functions. This class is distinguished from Senior Accountant which is the first full supervisory level of the series with responsibility for all general accounting and financial reporting functions for client relationships.
This position works within our processing department and is an integral part of managing our client’s accounting records. You will work alongside a team of like-minded individuals managing the following day to day responsibilities:
• Manage 5-50 client relationships
• Build a trusted advisor relationship with clients by gaining an in-depth understanding of their unique business objectives & goals
• Interact with clients & obtain/ monitor accounting data for input and review
• Categorize transactions in electronic records system
• Complete monthly bank account/ GL reconciliations
• Provide support to operations team as needed
• Partner with Senior Accountant on special projects as assigned
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload efficiently
• Ability to complete back work projects in an efficient, timely manner
Qualifications for Bookkeeper II or Senior Bookkeeper:
• QuickBooks ProAdvisor Certification
• California Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP) required after 2 years
• Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Gets You To The Top Of The List:
• Tax preparation experience
• Business tax experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA)
$18 - $42 per hour