The House Manager is responsible for hosting guests throughout their stay as if they were hosting in their own home. From a warm welcome upon arrival to an effortless departure, this role will play a critical hand in executing the seamlessly hospitable guest experience in a tech-forward hotel environment.
- Utilize proprietary software to manage internal tasks and guest communication.
- Assist with the guest check-in/check-out process, issuing room keys, while positively engaging with guests.
- Provide information, recommendations and booking services for a variety of guest inquiries, including, but not limited to: directions, outlet hours of operation, hotel services, transportation and travel arrangements, tour and event tickets, restaurant reservations, and other guest needs.
- Facilitate making reservations and room changes.
- Coordinate communication and partnership between the front desk and other departments including Housekeeping, Maintenance/Engineering, F&B and Central Support.
- Respond to guest inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Inspect clean rooms in preparation for guest arrival (if applicable).
- Prepare and deliver VIP amenities.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested in a timely and hospitable manner to meet the needs of the business.
- Enjoys working on a team, hard working, experience in multi-tasking and is detail oriented.
- Knowledge of the local area: things to and places to go, and has enthusiasm to acquire that knowledge.
- Is warm, hospitable and enjoys speaking with guests.
- Genuine desire to be helpful: able to jump in and assist other departments when necessary.
- Works cooperatively with others in all situations.
- Enjoys collaboration.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as alone.
Requirements & Experience
- Clear understanding of the English language (verbal and written).
- Possesses basic knowledge of and ability to utilize company devices such as iPads and iPods.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs and stand, up to 8 hours per shift.
- Experience in guest or customer service (preferred).
- Flexible in schedule and willing to meet the demands of a complex operation.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wages.
- Holiday pay.
- On the job training.
- An environment that encourages initiative, leadership, and continuous improvement.
- Leadership & professional development growth opportunities.