Sister Ship is the award-winning Restaurant / Cocktail Lounge housed in the Faraway Hotel on the beautiful island of Nantucket. A restaurant, cafe, and relaxed cocktail club, Sister Ship offers elevated cocktails alongside seafood-forward Mediterranean culinary creations, utilizing all local ingredients.
From the greeting to farewell and everything in between, we are here to create the most amazing experiences for our guests and team members.
We are looking for a rockstar General Manager to join our ever-growing team.
Are you a senior floor manager or Assistant General Manager ready for the next step in your career?
Are you looking to live and work on a beautiful island?
The Restaurant General Manager has a passion for all things food and beverage and is responsible for maximizing budgeted revenue. This position reports to The Regional Director of F&B Operations. This key leadership role will oversee the daily operations of the restaurant including inventory and labor management, staff training and development, culinary programming, and all F&B-related technology
The Restaurant General Manager is a passionate leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys creating memorable guest experiences.
- Manages maximization of food and beverage revenues in alignment with the budget.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of strategies to maximize the budget in collaboration with the Regional Director of F&B Operations.
- Creates and manages schedules, approving timesheets in When I Work for all departments including the culinary team.
- Oversees inventory ordering and management, ensuring the best possible prices and purchasing decisions are taken into account to meet financial targets.
- Manages vendor list and ordering guides, ensuring all are updated regularly.
- Actively recruits and hires talent working in collaboration with the Regional Director of HR.
- Actively participates in running service, touching tables, and coaching staff.
- Leads positively while multitasking and prioritizing workloads.
- Conducts ongoing training and development with a focus on food, beverage, service, and hospitality.
- Oversees culinary programming including menu development, menu updates, and coordinating staff menu training.
- Leverages technology to manage administrative tasks including MarketMan, Yext, POS, When I Work, Gusto, SevenRooms, etc.
- Responds to all online reviews based on SOP.
- Manages reservation books to maximize revenue.
- Actively participates in developing and implementing marketing programming, and activations in collaboration with the Regional Director of Sales + Marketing.
- Manages and executes private events and buyouts.
- Oversees the consistent delivery of an unparalleled guest ambiance and experience from pre-arrival to departure.
- Maintains high standards of professionalism including restaurant image, cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Manages personal client gratitude and actively connects with guests as well as the community.
- Responds in a professional and timely manner to guest complaints and issues to resolve them.
- Troubleshoots maintenance and repairs in collaboration with the Regional Director of Engineering and the Hotel GM.
- Oversees safety, sanitation and proper alcohol service guidelines are adhered to.
- Is available to work seasonal, March through December.
- Candidate has strong business acumen.
- Candidate has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Candidate is detail oriented and highly organized.
- Candidate has excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills.
- Works with professionalism and is self-driven.
- Candidate has excellent leadership and team management skills with a passion for growing and developing talent.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding and appreciation of food and beverage culture including the trends, the disruptors, the behaviors, and the complexities/opportunities.
- Has a passion for hospitality, service, food, and beverage.
Requirements & Experience
- 2-5+ years of hospitality experience in upscale full-service restaurants.
- Open availability including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to ongoing changes.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and develop employees.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them.
- Proven track record in building high-performance teams.
- Professional and confident verbal and written communication with guests, employees, and ownership.
- ServSafe and TiPs certified (or equivalent).
- Clear understanding of the English language (verbal and written).
- Experience working with various scheduling, administrative, and technology systems and their integrations including Gusto, SevenRooms, etc..
- Familiarity with Apple products and applications.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive pay.
- On-the-job training.
- Generous benefits package.
- Opportunity to work in an environment fostering an innovative approach to hotel operations that encourages initiative and leadership.
- Working with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft.
- Leadership & professional development growth opportunities.
- Paid time off.
- Referral program.