Sister Ship @ Faraway Nantucket:
A Restaurant Manager will help lead the high-volume, high-energy Sister Ship Restaurant. This key position is at the
heart of the management team and will be responsible for motivating and coaching all staff to ensure all guests have a
memorable dining experience. The Candidate will report directly to the General Manager and can expect to split time
80/20 between the floor and executing administrative tasks.
- Execute upon the Brand’s vision of service, ambiance, and products, ensuring the team consistently delivers a memorable guest experience.
- Ensure all team members are trained to execute, at a high-level, all responsibilities detailed in their respective job description.
- Construct, and/or, executive upon staffing models & strategy.
- Schedule all staff with a focus and understanding of labor cost and level of service targets.
- Plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the workers and resources of the restaurant for the efficient, well-prepared, and profitable service of food and beverages.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures with the intent to improve existing areas of operation.
- Perform Closeout Procedures with full cash responsibilities.
- Manage team performance and development (including growth, feedback & discipline).
- Uphold all human resources best practices as it pertains to coaching, counseling, disciplinary, hiring, and termination
- Ensure proper cash-handling and responsible credit card handling.
- Investigate and resolve guest recovery concerning food quality and service.
- Supervise all activities on the floor, including the Bar, Cafe, and Kitchen.
- Perform accurate inventory counts for all delegated categories.
- Review and monitor, with GM or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they fit within budget parameters.
- Monitor compliance with health safety and hygiene standards in partnership with Executive Chef.
- Ensure sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas are consistently maintained.
- Supervise floor operation: maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and regulation compliance.
- Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested to meet the needs of the business.
- Team player, hard worker, multi-tasker and detail oriented.
- Genuine desire to be helpful: able to jump in and assist other departments when necessary.
- Works cooperatively with others in all situations.
- Works well autonomously and is self-driven.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
Requirements & Experience
- Minimum 2-years working experience in a fast-paced, elegant dining environment.
- Minimum 1-year(s) working experience managing and developing a Restaurant Team.
- Minimum 1-year(s) working experience managing food and alcohol inventory.
- Clear understanding of the English language (verbal and written).
- General knowledge of Point of Sales Systems, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, etc., or Microsoft Office), and Inventory Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Working knowledge of food preparation and presentation.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
- Flexible in schedule and willing to meet the demands of a complex operation.
- Time management skills.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures
Qualifications [Preferred but not Required]
- ServeSafe Food Allergen Certificate
- ServeSafe Alcohol Safety Awareness Certificate
- ServeSafe Food Manager Certificate
- Crowd Manager Certificate
- Human Resources training (harassment, human trafficking, etc.)
- Experience using Lightspeed, MarketMan, SevenRooms tech platforms
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly wages or equivalent salary
- Paid Time Off (PTO) such as sick leave.
- On the job training
- An environment that encourages initiative, leadership, and continuous improvement
- Working with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft
- Leadership & professional development growth opportunities