An experienced practice manager in the Detroit area for a primary care clinic
The Practice Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the operational, people-related practice level goals. The incumbent in this role partners closely with the practice’s clinical leadership to ensure patient care, service and clinical metrics meet and exceed expectations. He/She is an individual that, first and foremost, has a strong desire to serve others. The Practice Manager must be equally comfortable greeting patients in the waiting room, engaging with PCPs to further the Legendary Way, leading a diverse staff, and managing a growing practice. The incumbent must be able to drive process improvements both operationally and assist clinically. This service-oriented individual will have a keen understanding of how serving others results in staff that are better developed and more capable, and patients that are more engaged in their health, thereby yielding better patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Leads people, coordinates, and inspires the team and achieves results under challenging circumstances.
● Provides extraordinary customer service to all internal and external customers (including patients and other Legend Health Medical team members).
● Monitor’s office communication and performance to ensure that medical receptionist and MA’s operate in an efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner.
● Collaborates with team leaders to conduct performance evaluations of team members and complete any required disciplinary actions.
● Monitors the number of patients and wait times to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
● Addresses and resolves all customer-service or team member issues.
● Closes performance gaps (metrics) by applying and executing operational strategies and tactics.
● Ensures accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests and patient records.
● Applies a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes to problem solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve people, process, and systems resolutions before increasing costs and complexity.
● Utilizes a keen sense of business acumen that assists with understanding our business, appreciating the various operating levers to utilize for success and driving significant new patient growth at the practice.
● Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Other responsibilities may include:
● Works with PCPs to assist with scheduling meetings with patients.
● Reviews reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed.
● Ensures co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
● Conducts walk-through of the practice to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal, etc.
● Conducts trainings and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensures annual OSHA trainings occur and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
● Monitors housekeeping activities.
● Monitors and/or alters team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations.
● Collaborates with the Leadership Team and Administrators in relation to strategic business planning.
● Ability to learn with an openness and curiosity about the Legend.ary Way and willingness to adapt to our innovative approach to improving health outcomes.
●Strong track record of taking on new assignments and quickly mastering new ways of accomplishing goals.
● Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
●Ability to effectively communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
● Exceptionally detail-oriented with a high degree of objectivity and analytical skills to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and processes and work effectively with other team members.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
● Spoken and written fluency in English.
● This position requires use and exercise of independent judgment.
- High school diploma with a minimum of 10 years’ related work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
· Associate degree with a minimum of 8 years’ related work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality; OR
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Healthcare Administration or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years’ related work experience in same or similar service industry, preferable healthcare or hospitality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Legend Health management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. This job description is NOT a contract for employment and does not modify or circumvent the employee’s ‘at-will’ employment relationship with the company.
$50,000 - $70,000 per year