Position Title: Qualitative Research Manager
Who are we?
LBR Insight is a full-service Qualitative Market Research company based in Philadelphia, PA, with clients reaching across the world and in a wide range of industries, with a specific focus on healthcare and consumer goods. We are currently searching for an experienced, driven Qualitative Research Manager to join our team.
What do we value?
We value the diversity in people - whether that is race/ethnicity, gender, socio-economic standing, location, personal experience, profession, or any other number of variables that make up the way a person may make decisions and/or be attracted to specific messaging. We know that in order to understand an audience’s core beliefs and motivations we need to do more than just scrape the surface - we need to facilitate the breakthrough of the subconscious to the conscious by developing, and innovating different approaches and techniques supported by psychology and perfected over time. Our ability to have real conversations with our respondents, and unlock their unconscious thoughts, biases, and considerations, allow us to help inform strategies and plans moving forward and connect with each audience in a real and authentic way.
Why do you want to work with us?
We are a leader in our field and we care not just for our clients, but our people as well. The Qualitative Research Manager role includes the following compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation range of $75,000-90,000/year, commensurate with experience
- Annual bonuses in addition to base salary
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- SIMPLE IRA account and employer contribution matching up to 3%
- Flexible schedules and fully-remote day-to-day operations with some exceptions for job training, potential travel for client projects, and potential in-person team meetings, as needed
- Paid vacation at starting rate of 80 hours per year, with increased rates at 3rd and 5th working anniversaries
- Paid sick time of 24 hours per year
- 10 paid holidays per year, including an annual Winter Break beginning Christmas Eve through the first working day of the following year
- Paid parental leave of 12 weeks after the birth or adoption of a child
- Company-provided workstation & budget for home-office equipment
- Best-in-class technology and team support to make workload as smooth and efficient as possible
- Professional development opportunities and room for growth within the company
- A small but incredibly friendly and knowledgeable team of peers
What does this role entail?
Under the direction of the Vice President, the QRM supports the work of the business primarily through independent project management, client relationship management, and the implementation of data collection and analysis plans. The specifics of the role may vary depending on the needs of the project(s) and client(s) to which they are assigned, but the individual in this role should expect the following regular responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate, and assist with the development of proposals for new client projects by developing project plans/methodology, timeline, and costs
- Oversee projects from start to finish and work to deliver research goals, ensuring execution against stated goals and timelines
- Identify and review necessary background materials such as strategy/creative briefs, and client/brand backgrounders
- Build appropriate qualitative research methodology models and strategies relevant to each project
- Plan, coordinate, and moderate qualitative research in the field, including in-person and virtual interviews, field notes, and analysis of findings for report development
- Oversee third-party recruitment efforts and additional needs such as transcripts, recordings, etc.
- Coordinate and attend regular ongoing project meetings
- Monitor and/or update project work plans, staffing levels of effort, budgets, and expenditures across all assigned projects
- Identify project risks and elevate issue resolution to leadership as needed
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project databases
- Develop high-quality project deliverables, including written reports, clear and descriptive summaries of findings
- Support effective communication with clients and respond to client requests in a positive and proactive manner
- Attend internal strategy and staff meetings, including research meetings with collaborative departments
Why do we want to work with you?
You are skilled and experienced in developing appropriate qualitative research methodologies, independent project management, and proactive client relationship management. You’re intelligent and perceptive, and you possess a high level of professionalism and eagerness to grow and learn while maintaining efficiency and accuracy under minimal supervision. You are also collaborative, fast-moving, and comfortable with change; LBR Insight is a rapidly-growing company and you aren’t afraid to pivot with us as we expand. Last but not least, you are a committed team member, life-long learner, relationship-driven, and want to contribute to a winning team and growing organization. In addition to the above, some of your qualifications might include:
Education, Experience, Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience (required)
- 3+ years Qualitative Research experience (required)
- 3+ years Project Management experience (required)
- RIVA Market Research certification (strongly preferred, but not required)
Proven Skills & Abilities
- Skilled moderator in both focus groups and individual interviewing
- Excellence in written and oral communication, including report writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Zoom required; Qualtrics and SquareSpace a plus
- Familiarity and experience with online research / online research moderating
- Ability to think logically and derive conclusions out of qualitative industry research
- Confidence to stand behind analysis and the ability to explain reports to management and clients
Physical & Logistical Requirements
- Suitable remote work environment, including but not limited to:
- Secure, private, reliable, high-speed internet connection
- Secure, reliable phone line and/or cell phone
- Flexibility to travel on an as-needed basis within the United States to attend meetings and conduct in-person research
- Ability to spend multiple hours in a stationary position, using office equipment and computers, attending meetings, and working closely and collaboratively with others
Like what you see and want to connect with us? This is what happens next:
- Submit your resume, 2 professional references, and a cover letter addressed “Dear LBR Team,” explaining why you think you'd be a good fit to join our team in this role. NOTE: Applications without a personalized cover letter and 2 professional references will NOT be considered.
- We will contact potential candidates to set up a brief phone interview.
- Final-round candidates will be contacted to set up a formal interview via Zoom.