We are looking for a motivated, results-driven Construction Lead to join our team in Denver, Colorado. A successful Construction Lead will excel at organization, communication, constructive feedback, and proactive thinking. While this person is in charge of making sure the day-to-day needs are carried out on the job sites, there are also many proactive and future planning expectations tied to this role as well.
Construction Leads are collaborators and will help to execute the short- and medium-term goals of the project with other members of the team or outside vendors and subcontractors. A successful Construction Lead will need to be a self-starter who can acknowledge and identify areas of opportunity without needing to be told what or how to proceed. Implementing solutions and creating systems to avoid future issues will be a critical component of this position.
What you’ll do:
- Provide thorough quality control of projects through all phases at job sites
- Takes total responsibility for remodel projects while maintaining the schedule and budget
- Provides day to day management of all onsite construction activities
- Uphold the Laurelless standard of construction on job sites as well as ensuring the client experience is Laurelless
- Communicate and coordinate with Project Manager on a daily basis to ensure that expectations for work to be done are thoroughly understood
- Supervise and direct Laurelless field laborers and subcontractors. Provide constructive feedback as needed
- Find new vendors and suppliers to encourage new and creative ways to enhance quality without exceeding budget expectations
- Collaborate with Project Manager to interview and hire subcontractors to complete specialized work and the execution of the project budget
- Co-develop a job site safety plan and policy
- Procure materials and equipment while using cost-effective construction methods
- Consistently maintain a high level of on-site cleanliness and dust protection on projects
- Any and all other duties that arise or are delegated
- This role reports directly to the Project Manager (conflicts with top of page)
Who you are:
- You are the face of the company: provide a HIGH level of customer service when interacting with our clients regularly
- Servant leadership is a top priority for you, you lead but with a desire to serve others
- You seek to understand and truly listen to what the client wants, what the vendors can provide, and where you fit into the long term vision of Laurelless
- Ability to think big picture, we are working day-to-day on projects but you understand what we are doing now will impact the future growth and longevity of Laurelless
- Action-oriented, you’re able to understand problems and you get excited to find and implement solutions
- Detail-oriented, you’re able to perform assigned duties with great attention to Laurelless’ demanding quality standards in all areas of the job
- Proactive, you're able to predict possible changes and create risk mitigation strategies before it’s too late
- Self-starter, doesn’t wait to solve problems or identify areas of opportunity
- You make decisions based on what’s right for the business, not based on what’s easiest
- You understand that interruptions to the plan happen but can pivot an adapt quickly while keeping the job on track
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in construction and remodeling including scheduling, budget management, and quality assurance
- IRC code knowledge
- Knowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling, drawings and specifications
- Well rounded knowledge of all residential remodel trades and the ability to spot and avoid issues as the job progresses
- Ability to use tools, lift up 50 lbs, and in general good health to stand or sit for periods of time in meetings, on construction sites, and in a vehicle driving to projects
- JobTread or other construction management software experience recommended
- Strong ability to make great connections with people in the industry- Laurelless thrives on great relationships in the industry and relies on these relationships to continue exceeding client’s expectations
- Communication skills are a must for daily interaction with trade partners, management, and most importantly our clients
- You have excellent phone etiquette
- You understand that you were given two ears for a reason, you listen well and you can be eloquent and firm when needs are not being met
- Organization is KEY!
- You have a sense of humor and enjoy getting to know your team members. We want to foster a family mentality where we all succeed and celebrate wins together
Compensation: $60,000 - 70,000 + Bonus Potential
Travel: 100% of the time
Laurelless is proud to be an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer.
We celebrate, support, and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factors.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.