Put your early childhood education skills to use somewhere making a real impact in the community! Lakeview Childcare & Preschool (a ministry of Lakeview Church) cares for the educational and spiritual needs of the children we serve. We are searching for top-quality teachers to join our team, and we think you’ll love the culture here! It’s a blend of “hard-working”, “fun-loving”, and “passionate about making a difference”!
Our Preschool Lead Educators are the big-hearted individuals who daily invest their lives in the next generation of leaders, making the magic happen day in and day out in the classroom. Lead Educators establish and maintain a safe place (physically and emotionally) for children to learn, help them see the wonders of creation, and invite them to fall in love with learning. They create an atmosphere that makes it easy for children to believe that God is love, teaching with enthusiasm, joy, and patience. Lead Educators exemplify leadership and invite children to practice leadership skills, too, encouraging exploration, creativity, and autonomy.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Experience: 2 years in a related field
Education: Child Development Associates
Work Location: 47 Beachway Dr. Indianapolis, IN 46224
We will invest in your education and reimburse your tuition for CDA-approved (or equivalent) courses!
We will provide PAID ongoing training opportunities to help you become the best teacher you can be and to continuously improve.
We will celebrate your successes and we will work with you to identify and strengthen areas that need improvement.
We will listen to your ideas on how we can improve and grow and value your input.
We will pray for and with you, be present, and provide the leadership and accountability to empower you to achieve an outstanding level of success.
● Model Christian values to guide children’s moral development, such as integrity, kindness, respect, and love
● Manage classroom activities that are age-appropriate, including academic lessons, play breaks, religious instruction, and meals
● Encourage creative thinking and stimulating learning through exploration, discovery, and play
● Create plans for daily activities that maintain classroom continuity and align with the school curriculum
● Foster a safe and positive environment for children by supervising, establishing procedures, and reinforcing good habits
● Enforce rules of behavior using positive reinforcement, calm tones, and redirection
● Ensure the classroom is kept in a clean and safe condition at all times
● Follow all Health and Safety requirements regulated by the state and center
● Accurately assess, record student progress, and provide feedback for parents and center
● Attend and actively participate in all center-required meetings
● Certification from a national organization preferred; CDA required
● Prior experience working in Child Care, education, social work, or Christian ministry
● Strong knowledge of educational techniques and methods for teaching young children
● Patient and supportive approach to the learning process
● Enthusiastic and encouraging
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Must be professional and intentional in learning and willing to engage in regular continuing education
● Ability to stand and move around for long hours at a time while teaching
● Must pass a criminal background check
· Paid Holidays after probationary time
· Paid vacation after probationary time, increasing with longevity!
· Paid training and paid staff development opportunities
· Up to 80% off childcare
· Tuition Reimbursement for CDA approved courses or equivalent
· Up to $150 in Employee Referral Bonuses!
· 403B retirement matching 2/3 to 1
· 80% Reimbursement of health insurance premiums!
· Café with amazing coffee drinks (and employee discounts) under same roof as LCP!
· Loyalty rewards – increased benefits
· Additional benefits available at excellent group rates at employee’s expense –
Life Insurance – for employee, spouse, and kids; Dental insurance