Put your early childhood education skills to use somewhere making a real impact in the community! Lakeview Childcare & Preschool (a ministry of Lakeview Church) cares for the educational and spiritual needs of the children we serve. We are searching for top-quality teachers to join our team, and we think you’ll love the culture here! It’s a blend of “hard-working”, “fun-loving”, and “passionate about making a difference”!
Our Preschool Assistant Educators are worth their weight in gold! Always one step ahead of the Lead Educator, Assistant Educators don’t wait to be asked to do something. They know the schedule, anticipate needs, and help the classroom run smoothly every day. Assistant Educators partner with Lead Educators to establish and maintain a safe place (physically and emotionally) for children to learn, open their eyes to the wonders of creation, and invite them to fall in love with learning. Assistant Educators support the Lead Educator in every way possible to cultivate an environment rich with creativity and imagination and to facilitate wonder and learning. They make it easy for children to believe that God is love, teaching with enthusiasm, joy, and patience.
Work Experience: 2 years in a related field
Education: High School diploma and CDA or 60 hours or more towards CDA required
We will invest in your education and reimburse your tuition for CDA-approved (or equivalent) courses!
We will provide PAID ongoing training opportunities to help you become the best teacher you can be and to continuously improve.
We will celebrate your successes and we will work with you to identify and strengthen areas that need improvement.
We will listen to your ideas on how we can improve and grow and value your input.
We will pray for and with you, be present, and provide the leadership and accountability to empower you to achieve an outstanding level of success.
● Model Christian values to guide children’s moral development, such as integrity, kindness, respect, and love
● Help the lead educator manage classroom activities that are age-appropriate, including academic lessons, play breaks, religious instruction, and meals
● Encourage creative thinking and stimulating learning through exploration, discovery, and play
● Assist the lead educator as needed to create plans for daily activities that maintain classroom continuity and align with the school curriculum
● Help foster a safe and positive environment for children by supervising, establishing procedures, and reinforcing good habits
● Enforce rules of behavior using positive reinforcement, calm tones, and redirection
● Ensure the classroom is kept in a clean and safe condition at all times
● Follow all Health and Safety requirements regulated by the state and center
● Assist the lead educator to accurately assess, record student progress, and provide feedback for parents and center
● Attend and actively participate in all center-required meetings
● Prior experience working in Child Care, education, social work, or Christian ministry a plus
● Knowledge of educational techniques and methods for teaching young children a plus
● Patient and supportive approach to the learning process
● Enthusiastic and encouraging
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Must be professional and intentional in learning
● Ability to stand and move around for long hours at a time while teaching
● Must pass a criminal background check
· Paid Holidays after probationary time
· Paid vacation after probationary time, increasing with longevity!
· Paid training and paid staff development opportunities
· Up to 80% off childcare
· Tuition Reimbursement for CDA approved courses or equivalent
· Up to $150 in Employee Referral Bonuses!
· 403B retirement matching 2/3 to 1
· 80% Reimbursement of health insurance premiums!
· Café with amazing coffee drinks (and employee discounts) under same roof as LCP!
· Loyalty rewards – increased benefits
· Additional benefits available at excellent group rates at employee’s expense –
Life Insurance – for employee, spouse, and kids; Dental insurance