The Facilities Team at Lakeview Church is responsible for performing routine maintenance tasks around the building. The tasks could include lifting or moving furniture and equipment, organizing, completing setups, in-house logistics, seasonal landscaping, parking lot maintenance, electrical, and building maintenance tasks as assigned. We are hiring both full-time and part-time hourly (non-exempt) people for facilities positions reporting to the Assistant Director of Facilities Operations & IT.
Job Type: Full-time (Weds/Thurs 12:30 PM to 9 PM; Fri/Sat - 10 AM to 7 PM; Sun - 8 AM to 4PM) This is a swing shift schedule that varies based upon events scheduled in the facility.
Work Experience: 3-5 years work experience in facilities maintenance preferred
- Paint and refurbish areas as needed.
- Repair, maintain, and monitor all equipment and amenities as needed.
- Prepare rooms for events; rearrange, remove, or add furniture for events as needed.
- Keep an inventory of fixed assets and recycle items as needed to solve other needs.
- Equipment and furniture assembly/ installation.
- Perform fire alarm tests and oversee fire and security alarms.
- Troubleshoot and perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Attend and actively participate in all center-required meetings
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned
- Willing to be trained and certified on forklift operation
- Willing to use pallet jack
- Manage mail, package, and shipping deliveries and pickups at local vendors
- Drive a forklift and pallet jack to receive food deliveries
- Keep the building grounds clean and well-maintained
- Mow lawn and remove weeds
- Landscaping and mulching as needed
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, logistics, light construction, and carpentry.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be technologically inclined with the ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Teams, and Planner.
- Experience with operating forklift preferred.
- Experience with inventory management and logistics preferred.
- The ability to follow instructions and complete tasks
- Ability to push or lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders; must not be afraid of height.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, climbing, and crouching as the job may require.
- Working around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, and paints.
Benefits for Full-time staff include:
Paid Holidays after probationary time
Paid vacation after probationary time, increasing with longevity!
Paid training and paid staff development opportunities
403B retirement matching 2/3 to 1
80% Reimbursement of health insurance premiums!
Café with amazing coffee drinks (and employee discounts)
Loyalty rewards – increased benefits
- Discount on daycare and Pre-K at Lakeview Childcare and Preschool
- Additional benefits available at excellent group rates at employee’s expense –
Life Insurance – for employee, spouse, and kids; Dental insurance